• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beer while you play or no?

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don;t drink at all when I play, but if I am have a bad day or its not worth it, or I need to relax, I may have a few... But if it counts, no beer. A friend I play with can drink a 6 pack on the front, another on the back, close down the bar, and do it again the next day. Like a champ. I have been able to play better on occasion after drinking the night before. Whats yall take on it? Another guy I know will have the bev car meet them every other hole with a Vodka lemonade, and a beer.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Every so often my pops and I will split a 6 pack for an 18. Doesn't really change anything in how we play, just something fun to do

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
There's only one reason to drink...and that's to get drunk(unless you're drinking an old single malt or something...but that's not drinking...that's sipping...). Some may disagree...that's fine...I don't like the taste of alcohol that much...especially beer...so I don't drink because I like it.

I don't get drunk on the golf course....so I don't bother to drink on the golf course.

I don't have a problem with anyone who wishes to drink on the course.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
On a hot day golfing nothing hits the spot more then an ice cold beer so I might have 1 per nine holes. More then that and I don't golf good (but don't CARE that I'm not golfing good)....

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I honestly can't remember ever drinking while playing.

Like Clark, I don't drink much anyway. I'm not a huge beer fan. Plus it's pretty expensive to drink in the course.

I like Gatorade or Powerade, the blue kind. That's about it.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
One of the worse tragedies I have personally witnessed on a course was involving hard liquor.

I set a styro cup of makers mark on a points up divot tool that was in the cart cupholder.

Drinking and golf leads to tragedy..dont do it.

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
I'll usually have one or two (sometimes 3) on the back side (usually tee off around 8:30). It's after we're done that's the problem.
Case in point...this past Sat., I teed off at 8:36, had a couple on the back side, and didn't leave the 19th hole 'till after 9PM, and had an 8:28 on Sun.
But we had fun!!!

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
After hearing a group who were noticeably drunk in front of us yelling 'fore' every other shot, Ive wondered if drinking during a round is any better than being stoned hunting (Ive crossed a few of those too firing off rounds in every direction).

I see a lot of guys having a beer that seem to be fine so its probably the ones who are getting bombed that might be a problem.
Personally I dont drink except every now and then, and even then its only at the house because we're not allowed to carry concealed here if we have had any alcohol.

🔥 Latest posts