• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beijing Olympics 2008

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
I said the sport is CONSIDERED a joke, not by me though. I realize how tough it is.

Whether or not it should be in the Olympic games I don't know. If table tennis is, then I guess anything could be good enough for the Olympics.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know where you live... but if you think soccer has not been the #1 sport on this planet for a LONG, LONG time (regardless of how many BBQ's you've attended) then you are another example of a North American who has his eyes closed to the rest of the Sporting World.

Professional Soccer Leagues began in places such as England in the late 1800's. Liverpool Football Club, one of my favorite teams, has played on the SAME SITE since 1884. The legendary Anfield.

Olympic soccer had nothing to do with how/when Americans played it and everything to do with it being the greatest sport on the planet.
lmfao...thank you for the history lesson...

/bows down to the all mighty sport of all sports, because i am just a stupid american that knows no better. :rolleyes:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
lmfao...thank you for the history lesson...

/bows down to the all mighty sport of all sports, because i am just a stupid american that knows no better. :rolleyes:
Truer words were never spoken...(polly want a cracker???)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I am very disappointed in the showing by the Canadian athletes at these games. I'm not sure what the problem is? Funding? I realize that Canada is a smaller nation, but to be shut out so far is pretty discouraging :(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I am very disappointed in the showing by the Canadian athletes at these games. I'm not sure what the problem is? Funding? I realize that Canada is a smaller nation, but to be shut out so far is pretty discouraging :(
its the SUMMER games...remember, canada = winter, cold, and sheep

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
its the SUMMER games...remember, canada = winter, cold, and sheep

In defense of the Canucks, Canadian sheep are HAWT!

The Canadian Sheep Federation

top_2.gif

top_3.gif

bottom.gif

awww.muttonbone.com_images_sheep_ani1.gif

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If only sheep lovin' was an Olympic sport.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.