• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Beijing Olympics 2008

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Another observation: anyone else notice that virtually all of the USA athletes have little wires growing out of their ears almost all of the time?

That is so lame looking: Here I am on world-wide TV, in a for many once-in-a-lifetime experience, in one of the largest, most exotic cities in the world, walking around the Forbidden City that is hundreds of years old, and I have to listen to some garbage rock 24/7 that I have probably already heard 200 times?

How in the hell did we ever compete before the invention of the ipod?
How did we even walk down our own streets, drive, bike, workout, or even drop a duece before the invention of the IPOD??

I dont have one...yet...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The iPod makes perfect sense in our increasingly self-isolated worlds.

We drive big car alone to work.
We live in gated communities and big, fenced in lots.
We walk, eyes down, across busy city streets.

And finally, we wear an iPod so we don't have to interact with anyone.

Then again, it's better than a boom-box. At least I don't have to listen to the crap you listen to (not you personally...)

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Another observation: anyone else notice that virtually all of the USA athletes have little wires growing out of their ears almost all of the time?

That is so lame looking: Here I am on world-wide TV, in a for many once-in-a-lifetime experience, in one of the largest, most exotic cities in the world, walking around the Forbidden City that is hundreds of years old, and I have to listen to some garbage rock 24/7 that I have probably already heard 200 times?

How in the hell did we ever compete before the invention of the ipod?

Very true. I understand though, I love listening to music right before a tournament, and always listened to it back in my days of other sports.

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
Jeez, they really need to reduce the number of swimming events. There must be, what?, 500 of them?!!!

How is it fair to have so many swimming events and have each winner get a gold medal and have just one gold medal for basketball or beach volleyball?

They should combine some of these: 100, 200 into sprint swimming for instance, 400 and 800 into middle distance, 1000+ into long distance. And quit with this having a separate event for each stroke. Do fish swim with a different tailflap? NO!!!! Make all the events a medley, and cut down on the number.

If we can reduce the damn swimming, they they can show more women's beach volleyball.

I'm thrilled there are so many swimming events. I love them.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
The iPod makes perfect sense in our increasingly self-isolated worlds.

We drive big car alone to work.
We live in gated communities and big, fenced in lots.
We walk, eyes down, across busy city streets.

And finally, we wear an iPod so we don't have to interact with anyone.

An communicate anonymously on the internet all day.

Oh wait... :p

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Are you suprised?

Never in a million years did I think any actually even looked 16.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'm not surprised, but I am surprised that no country's Olympic Comittee has the balls to call them on it. USA has the most to gain if China were to be stripped of the "womens" team gold, but we sure ain't got the balls. China would probably declare war.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm not surprised, but I am surprised that no country's Olympic Comittee has the balls to call them on it. USA has the most to gain if China were to be stripped of the "womens" team gold, but we sure ain't got the balls. China would probably declare war.
How do you prove it? They submitted documents showing them to be legal to compete. How do you prove they're younger than they are?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
How do you prove it? They submitted documents showing them to be legal to compete. How do you prove they're younger than they are?

Teeth. By God, I get asked at least 4 times a week how old somebody's damn cat or dog is, and I have to give them an answer. Not to mention that ageing by teeth examination is a time honored tradition for horses.

How friggin hard could it be?

:D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Teeth. By God, I get asked at least 4 times a week how old somebody's damn cat or dog is, and I have to give them an answer. Not to mention that ageing by teeth examination is a time honored tradition for horses.

How friggin hard could it be?

:D
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that there was a procedure that could use teeth to definitively age a human.

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
Everybody knew the some of the Chinese girls weren't of age for the games weeks ago before the Olympics even started. Even though it is pretty much fact (articles in China from the past had their age and everything being younger), it is impossible to prove now though. The Chinese government printed out passports saying they are of age, so nobody can do anything about it. Really a shame.

🔥 Latest posts