• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Cart Bag

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Next year I'm going to need a new bag because my almost new Ogio is falling apart. It has to have full length club dividers. I'm thinking of a C-130 but would like to hear some comments from those who have a bag they really like. Thanks.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
PING Traverse is an excellent cart bag, but it says PING on it.....dunno if that's an issue for you. I love mine. I have this one. Full length individual dividers, putter pit, plenty of zipper pockets.

ping_traverse_cart_11_navy_white_red.jpg

Last edited:
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Ogio Silencer. I have it.

Silencer Golf Cart Bag

No club chatter noise or club damage. Highly recommended.
Hope your ball bag zipper lasts longer then mine did (on my cheaper Ogio).

When I searched Dick's with all my "requirements" two bags came up. The Ping Traverse (out of stock) and the C-130.

Last edited:
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Are we talking about the same thing??
Everything. My Ogio has wear on the top and the zipper for the ball bag broke. Otherwise it's okay if that stuff doesn't bother you. I've looked at the Ogio like yours and looks but too expensive for me. And as far as what it says on the bag it could say "Hacker" and I wouldn't care if I liked the bag.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've looked at the Ogio like yours and looks but too expensive for me. .

I agree. I wouldn't say the bag is cheap. It is top quality and I haven't had a problem. I've had it two or three years now. The good thing is that Ogio only changes the color scheme between each new model release for Silencer bag but the technology is settled. It stays the same. What that means is that you should be able to pick up a last season's model at a discount but it will have the same the technology as the current season release.

C-bogey

Dec 29, 2006
Deer Park, Tx
I've had 2 c-130s and the only reason I've had 2 is because I wanted a newer model. My current bag is 5+ years old and I'll get another C-130 when I get a new bag. Love them and never had a problem. Plenty of storage and full length dividers. Best bag on the market IMO

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I still have the Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag I've had for, probably 6 or 7 years. All zippers still work. Been a GREAT bag. Know you had one and did not fare well with it. The Titleist bags I have and you had were made for them by Sun Mountain. A couple years later, Titleist went to Datrek for manufacture of their cart bags. The C130 is a Sun Mountain bag. Don't remember what you had trouble with on the Titleist bag, but was undoubtedly the same manufacturer as the C130. Also, I don't know what carts the courses you play on have. EZGo, about 4 years ago, changed the rear bumper arrangement on their carts and the C130's would not sit down in the bag space. You had to depend on the strap to keep the bag from falling out on the ground.
I believe we're up to four guys in our Geezer Group who have gone to the Ping bags. They seem to like them.

As well as you are playing, you need to get one of the club manufacturers to give you one of their cart bags with your name on it! Just think of the millions of bags they would sell to your "peeps"!!!!:D

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
C-130 here. Love it. It's like stadium seating for your clubs.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I still have the Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag I've had for, probably 6 or 7 years. All zippers still work. Been a GREAT bag. Know you had one and did not fare well with it. The Titleist bags I have and you had were made for them by Sun Mountain. A couple years later, Titleist went to Datrek for manufacture of their cart bags. The C130 is a Sun Mountain bag. Don't remember what you had trouble with on the Titleist bag, but was undoubtedly the same manufacturer as the C130. Also, I don't know what carts the courses you play on have. EZGo, about 4 years ago, changed the rear bumper arrangement on their carts and the C130's would not sit down in the bag space. You had to depend on the strap to keep the bag from falling out on the ground.
I believe we're up to four guys in our Geezer Group who have gone to the Ping bags. They seem to like them.

As well as you are playing, you need to get one of the club manufacturers to give you one of their cart bags with your name on it! Just think of the millions of bags they would sell to your "peeps"!!!!:D
The Titleist bag I had was a well made bag. The problem was it did not have full length dividers and every time you went to pull a club or put one back in it was an epic battle. And I'm sure all the manufacturers have heard of me. Not for playing golf though. :devil::poop::alien:

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've owned a number of bags and none of them had full length dividers. However, I've never had an epic battle trying to pull or replace a club either.

🔥 Latest posts