• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best QB Ever!?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Just like the title says, what do you think?

It can be anybody past or present as long as you can back it up with why you picked him! I will start:

Joe Montana: 4 SB rings, 3 SB MVP's, basically helped Bill Walsh implement the West Coast offense in the NFL. He was magic to watch to!

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I think talent wise Peyton Manning. Best QB wrapped around best team? Tom Brady, as much as I hate to say it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Read an article in Sports Illustrated some years ago about Unitas and the Baltimore Colts. Those guys all had to have jobs to support families, since playing pro football didn't pay well. Unitas and his team mates would rent apartments for their families and do fixer-upper work to pay the rent. They would play a pro football game and, after the game, still need to get together to paint or install carpet, etc. After reading that article, came away with quite an appreciation for those who played simply out of a love for the game. Some of those "yesterday" quarterbacks... Unitas, Tarkenton, Y.A. Tittle, etc. cannot be judged against the coddled millionaires of today's game.

braveheart

May 21, 2008
What a game today? Patriots season ticket holder here enjoying another playoff game.
Joe Montana. Tom Brady is a close second.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
What a game today? Patriots season ticket holder here enjoying another playoff game.
Joe Montana. Tom Brady is a close second.
I can pretty much agree with this. Peyton Manning has to be in the conversation. A damn shame Marino never won a ring because he would be too. The book is far from written on Aaron Rodgers.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Can't leave out Bob Griese (I'm not a Dolphins fan, btw). He is the only QB with a true undefeated, untied season. He was amazing to watch play the game.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've thought about it for a while now and I've come to the conclusion......Tony Eason.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
How about Trent Dilffer? He's got more SB rings than Marino, and just as many as Drew Brees and Peyton Manning heheheehhe

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.