• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best summer of golf in 10 years comes to a sad end

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hi guys, I got a total of 139 rounds in this season and could have had 25 more if not for my MCL tearing in my left knee:real angry:. What really pisses me off is I was playing great golf up until the injury. I posted my lowest score at my home course 76, and 35 rounds under 80. My cap went down to 7.1 which is my lowest since 1997. I tried playing since the injury with terrible results. I'm done until April. I guess I am lucky it happened now instead of July but still a bummer. How'd everyone else do this summer ? any best rounds, hole outs etc........... Let me hear them

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Well my summer is just starting, but over winter I won 2 club championships, a Pennant flag (interclub competition), 3 major ambrose events, and played some of the best golf of my life getting back down to 4.1 (not my lowest ever but great to be back there).

Now, I have the shanks.... :bang:

Congrats on the good form KWC, hope it comes back for you next year and good luck with the knee.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry to hear about your knee, but congrats on all you accomplished.

I have no idea how many rounds I played, a bunch! Shot some good golf, some decent golf, and some $hitty golf over the summer. I tied my all time low 3 times, 82's on a par 70 course. Straightened my driver out considerable and improved my short game.

Now if I could just figure out how to read the break on a green. :faintthud

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I posted some all time lows in the mid 80's, and of course, had some rounds that were flirting with 100.. Scored an all time low of 41 n the front 9 of my favorite course.

Other than that.. I got a good bit of rounds in, apparent by the enormous stack of scorecards I have in this huge basket.

Got my short game workin well, and fixed my putting problem. Plan to try and lengthen my game next year, and get more consistent iron play. Plan on a few lessons over the winter, and playing through the winter from time to time to try out the lessons.

burlguy

Oct 23, 2006
I havent posted on here for almost 2 years.... But I have shot down to 78 3 times and I have had numerous 9 hole scores 1-2 over par. I have been able to completely screw up my driver and have to rely on my long irons. I havent hit more than dozen 300 yard drives in the last year and I have no idea where my distance has gone let alone my accuracy. But the good news is that I am shooting lower than ever and my short game is kicking butt. I flopped in today from 20 yards and do so just about every round.

On another note I am going to start caddying for someone on the Pepsi tour here in California. I will continue to play and get better as long as marshal law doesnt come down from Obama with his national emergency crap over the swine flu.:mad:

Members online

No members online now.