• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

big bertha irons?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
At 1,000 a set, what are your thoughts? Ive got a set of x hots, these things seem like a whole new game?
Over the years, they have introduced the "set that will change your game forever"... every year. Don't know how many $1,000 sets of irons we've seen come and go. There just isn't much that can be changed in perimeter weighted design, other than the color of the plastic in the cavity. I will guarantee you this. But a set and next season there will be a half-dozen manufacturers... including Callaway... who will have a new set out marketed to be better than this rendition of Big Bertha irons.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
At 1,000 a set, what are your thoughts? Ive got a set of x hots, these things seem like a whole new game?
Not that I'm keeping up with new irons costs, but my thought at $1,000/set is the clubs better score par or better by themselves while I sit in the cart and drink beer.

I'm with limp, I don't believe anyone is re-inventing the wheel here no matter what their ads say.

Good to see you back, VA! Stick around!

OP
VA Park Ranger

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
Im with you guys. If anything maybe in a year to year and a half you can pick them up for less than half price.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Haven't hit them, but when has ignorance ever stopped someone from having an opinion?

From what I understand, "hot face" = wide variables in distance. In other words, catch that puppy in the sweet spot and fly the green.

🔥 Latest posts