• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Birthday Gift

Segelicious

Banned
Banned
Phucknugget
Sep 2, 2017
Country
Finland Finland
Hi everyone!
My Dad is a hardcore golfer and I am currently searching for a birthday gift for him. I 've found 2 similar T-shirts but can't really make the decision,
what would you suggest?

This redacted spam link

OR This redacted spam link

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
On topic: I'm what you could consider a "hardcore golfer" and the last thing I want is people buying me golf stuff. Unless it's like an autographed flag from Augusta or something.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If he's a "hardcore golfer", tee shirts like that would be taken to the closest charity donation spot. Or, if he feels obligated to wear it, it would be in the backyard or at family affairs and never out in public.

A "hardcore golfer" would rather have a $25 gift card to the local golf shop than to have someone buy him/her something they will never use.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
If he's a "hardcore golfer", tee shirts like that would be taken to the closest charity donation spot. Or, if he feels obligated to wear it, it would be in the backyard or at family affairs and never out in public.

A "hardcore golfer" would rather have a $25 gift card to the local golf shop than to have someone buy him/her something they will never use.
^^^this

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
In fairness, my kids buy me this sort of crap. I never wear it and mostly give it away as prizes to charity functions. I've been hinting at vouchers for a while now.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
tin-cup.jpg

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
On topic: I'm what you could consider a "hardcore golfer" and the last thing I want is people buying me golf stuff. Unless it's like an autographed flag from Augusta or something.

For me, anything from Augusta would be fine. My sister has been on a roll last couple years. I have an umbrella, shot glasses and last year's Arnie's Army pin.

A gift card is your safest bet. To a local golf shop or big box store. I don't like people buying me golf stuff, I'm just too picky!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online