• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Mountain Golf Course

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Got back from my Asheville NC vacation yesterday, going through the photos and uploaded my pictures from the round of golf I played at this course.

Overall I really liked the course. Wasn't real long, but there was a par 6 at 676 yards from the whites that we played. Over 700 from the tips. So that as a fun hole, too bad I hit the first drive OB and then had more troubles on it and shot an 11 on that hole.

Greens were fantastic. Tee boxes were the opposite. Most were burnt up and terrible. Other than that, the course was solid. Couple blind tee shots, lots of elevation changes. Tiny greens for the most part except for a short par 3 that played at 103 yards when we played it. This green was probably 80 yards wide, but only maybe 15 yards deep at most.

Several forced carry shots over ravines and water.

From the green of the first hole. Got out at 8:30AM and glad we did, this place was absolutely packed when we got back to the clubhouse.
MBJGJS9.jpg

One of the blind tee shots
Gj02GNl.jpg

cLPhhXn.jpg

Looking at the clubhouse from green 14(I think)
i6agPgx.jpg

The super wide green on the short par 3. Tee is off to the right of the pictures perspective
TnrcaLz.jpg

From the tee of the Par 6 - Most tee's looked like this unfortunately
5ptUkw2.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Par 6?! Crazy! I want to play a par 6!
It was the main reason we chose this course over the others in the area.

Fun hole. Tee shot, it really gets tight around that 250-275 range. The fairway gets down to probably 20 yards wide at that point. Migiht actually be easier hole to play from the tips as that tightening of the fairway should be out of reach for most players. It's right in my wheel house though.

Then second shot, if you can hit it around 200ish, will be up and over a fairly large hill and the fairway slopes right to left, the hole dog legs right after the hill. Then you have another 220ish in. Which means you can lay up, and still have a solid birdie chance, or give her the beans.

It's actually a great birdie opportunity if you could keep out of trouble...which, I couldn't.

I still ended up shooting 93. Which, had I shot par on that hole, I would have broke 90 pretty easy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
700 yard hole??? Carded an 11? No farther than I hit the ball, it would take me 11 good shots just to get there. Shoot! I'd have breakfast on the tee and probably stop for lunch before finishing the hole!!!

Too bad about the tee boxes. Other than that, looks like a really beautiful course.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.