• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bothered Spieth Leads Jason Day Chase Pack

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
ONE OF THE THINGS I LIKE about Jordan Spieth is that he's pretty darn transparent. Ask him a question and he answers it, for the most part. He lets you know what he thinks.

Like everyone else, Spieth has been watching and admiring Jason Day on his run of seven victories in his last 17 tournaments. Day now has a firm hold on the World No. 1 ranking. Spieth is No. 2.

Spieth spoke about Day at the AT&T Byron Nelson on Tuesday.

"There's some motivation there," Spieth said. "He's playing his game. He believes his game is better than anybody else's, and he's on his game and so it is better than everybody else's. What he's doing right now, I think I can win the next two events and I'm still not going to surpass him in the world rankings. He's separated himself, and that bothers me and it motivates me."

Spieth missed the cut last week at The Players Championship while Day picked up another big win. The 22-year-old Texan has been struggling after a huge 2015 season during which he won the Masters and U.S. Open and contended in the Open Championship and PGA Championship. Spieth has determined he needs to lighten up a bit, to have more fun on the golf course.

"When I say get back to having fun, I mean it's not like I'm still not going to get frustrated with myself because that's healthy, you should," he said. "If you don't execute a shot that you feel that wasn't that hard to execute, there should be some frustration, but no lingering or negative talk is really what I'm talking about. Just eliminating that."

Hopefully, for Spieth, the home crowd in the Dallas area will spur him on as he tries to regain his form and catch the world's hottest player.

Source: Bothered Spieth Leads Jason Day Chase Pack

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Spieth's game atm isn't anywhere near where it was last year.

I have no issue with a touring pro not playing every week.

But I have an issue with the excuses given for the recent 'spring Break' of Spieth, Fowler etc. It was something to the effect of: "It's such a gruelling season. We need a break where we can let our hair down!"

The season had barely started for those guys for Christ sake. Jason Day was grinding it through whilst dealing with a new baby. Hard work always pays off.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.