1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brent wants stories....

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by limpalong, Aug 4, 2012.

1. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

United States United States
    Light work this week. SIL has been playing well all year, kicking my butt. He's been playing a lot and has carded dozens of scores in the mid to upper 70's. I've pretty well been stuck in the low 80's this year. (I blame it on age.)
    Wednesday afternoon, we got out and I handed him his head for probably one of the first times all season. Felt pretty good about that. Thursday night a friend called wondering if I could play yesterday, Friday, morning. Again, not pressed hard at work, I agreed to meet him at 7 a.m.

We took off playing as a two. The friend struggled a little, but we had a blast. He is one who never stops talking. We discussed kids and careers and politics and, even once in a while, golf. Time flew, as did we as we navigated the course. He kept commenting on my driver working well. But, it has come around the past few weeks. I carded a birdie and lots of pars on the front.
    As we made the turn, there were two 2-somes waiting to go off the back. The pro shop had told them to wait and let us play through since we were coming off the front. So, I didn't even take time to add up the scores for the front.
    We flew through the back and I carded two more birds. For me to have 3 birds in one round is out of the ordinary. I just kept the ball in play, hit fairways, put the ball on or near the green, and drained some putts. One of the birds on the back was a chip in from off the green.
    When we finished the round, the buddy offered to buy me a Gatorade. He asked if I had added up the scores. I went back to the cart, got the card, and told him to do the math. Like I said, I knew it had been a solid round. He added it frontwards and backwards and the math still came up the same. The front was a 39 and the back a 37. That's a 76, my low round of the year!! For an old man playing the back tees on a par 72 course, 4 over was quite satisfying!!!!
    Fun round with good company, playing quick and playing well, and a season low score. Priceless.....
    Dogfish Head likes this.
  2. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

I should start actually writing down my scores...

I'm typically just playing for fun and to get out with friends so i don't write down my scores. Kinda makes me wonder what I really shoot on 18.
  3. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

Very nice Limp! From now on, no adding scores until you're finished!
  4. Robin623

Robin623 Member

i should do this too.. thanks guys!