• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brett Favre unretirement talk

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Rumors are Brett is talking to Packers about returning to football.

Should Packers trade him?
Play him and trade Rodgers?
Keep both QB's
unconditionally release him?

Right now its a soap opera--He said ---you said rumors flying

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I am torn up about this. Brett Favre is one of the all-time greats. But he is a Packer. If they release him and he signs with another team, like Montana did with the Chiefs, I will lose a lot of respect for the man.

It's over, Brett. You have achieved everything you need to achieve to be considered among the greatest all-time. Let it go. Retire a Green Bay Packer.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Favre back up Rogers. It's Aaron's time now, and he's going to be a very good QB. Problem with that thought is that Brett would NEVER willingly sit on the bench if he thinks he can still play effectively (and I think he can - he proved last year that he still has the skills to win.)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I agree with you eracer, whole heartedly....

Farve just needs to retire as a packer and be remembered as a great quarterback of football. I will also loose alot of respect for him if he plays for another team.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
I agree, once again, with eracer. I'll never understand why these incredible pro athletes can't retire when they're on top and leave a legacy behind. I'll agree that he is a great quarterback, so just retire before we see you as a less than great quarterback. It would be wrong to see him play for any other team.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
He needs to shut up, keep his ass in Mississippi driving his tractor & let Rodgers have his moment. Not sure about anyone else but I am sick & tired of the yearly retirement crap from him, will he or won't he? If he will, when? I mean he has pulled this for how many years now & has kept the team waiting on him until frickin training camp before he makes a decision.
Maybe he is just a media whore & craves the attention?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
He retired.

I believe Thompson will tell him not to return or will trade him.

The guy can't be jerking people around every year like that.

Aaron Rogers has earned his chance. If Favre returns the Packer's future is shot because Rogers will asked to be traded away from this BS.

Brett Favre is the greatest QB in the history of the game but he can't play in the cold anymore (Chicago game in Chicago and NFC championship game in GB).

:)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Honestly, he should just leave it off on a good note.

Did they lose the NFC Championship? Yeah, but look at the game the week before.

Take that as your final triumph, and a great one at that.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
He should come back, then throw a million INTs in the playoffs, then get criticized for his play. Throw in some talk of him being a "choker", THEN he will retire for good. Wont happen though, wishful thinking I guess.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm not sure Brett Favre warrants this much discussion.

He said he was retiring, he should do what he said.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
He said he was going o retire, so keep our word mate! I wouldn't want to see a new Michael Jordan, retiring 3 times and playing hockey or something before finally throwing the towel.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I understand what you guys are saying about Brett retiring with respect. He had a great career, one of the greatest ever--possibly.

But if the guy wants to play football, hell, I say play on. To have the ability to have a career throwing a ball around and getting smashed in the face from time to time. . .can't beat it!

And as far as losing respect for him if he goes elsewhere, that's if G.Bay doesn't put him back in as starter--I don't understand that. Someone explain why you would lose respect for Favre if he plays for someone else.

G.Bay and Favre have had a great affair over the years, but if they don't take him back, why is it so bad for him to go play somewhere else. I'm sure his first choice is to simply play for the Pack.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I understand what you guys are saying about Brett retiring with respect. He had a great career, one of the greatest ever--possibly.

But if the guy wants to play football, hell, I say play on. To have the ability to have a career throwing a ball around and getting smashed in the face from time to time. . .can't beat it!

And as far as losing respect for him if he goes elsewhere, that's if G.Bay doesn't put him back in as starter--I don't understand that. Someone explain why you would lose respect for Favre if he plays for someone else.

G.Bay and Favre have had a great affair over the years, but if they don't take him back, why is it so bad for him to go play somewhere else. I'm sure his first choice is to simply play for the Pack.
It's totally selfish of me - I admit that.

I have this irrational, romanticised view of sports. I think sports are much more compelling when you have a team to root for, and not just a collection of players who all happen to have signed meaningless contracts with the same owner and wear the same colored jerseys.

When a player like Brett Favre comes along (and there have been few) who are identified with a team - the team I grew up with - and they have a long and fruitville career with only that team, I feel that it's a betrayal for them to play for another team, just because they feel unfilfilled.

Again - totally selfish on my part. But that's the beauty of being a sports fan. We all live in fantasy-land. We all believe that we are somehow connected with a "team" that plays a game we never can. We make it our business to have a say in what another man does with his life.

It's a stupid attitude, but it's mine.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.