• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone Irons

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
Does anyone out there in ShotTalk land play any bridgestone irons????
J36 Blades are what i want to hit but i want to hear some kind of review on them

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Not exactly the same but I play the J33 cavity backs and love them. They feel great and are actually fairly forgiving (at least I find) for a players iron (although I havent played anyothers).

Im not a good reviewer, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edit: and I am pretty sure that Bstone plays the J36 blades so he will be able to answer questions better. Not to mention that he is much more qualified to answer anything golf related then I

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
My good friend plays the J33 cavity backs as well and they are very solid irons. I'm very impressed with them. I hope that helps some.

longfornothing

Jun 17, 2008
I don't play them, but have hit them extensively on the range before purchasing a new set of irons. I'm positive that I don't hit the ball in the center of clubface nearly enough to give an opinion of any consequence. What I will tell you is, to definetly make sure that you hit them out on a range back to back with whatever else you are looking at. I was dead set on getting the J36 CB's, but after hitting them side by side with all but the i10 in a DGS300 shaft, MP57, i10, MP67,60, and Titleist 695 CB's, and my own Mizuno Pro's, they ranked near the back of the pack to me. I'm sure a good ball striker can love them, but I sure couldn't. I didn't even bother trying the J36 blades, like I was going to hit a blade better than a cavity back? Like all clubs, shots hit dead nutz felt like an orgasm. Shots off center were not pleasant. Got away with more bad swings with all the rest, including my own Mizuno's. They all look a like to me, except the i10, so I was pretty surprised at the difference, so make sure you go test drive them first. I hope they work for you, I don't mean to be negative. Just sharing my experience, which is what you asked for.

Just for the record, I'm a 13 hcp that plays a Bridgestone ball and J33 Driver. So you can tell that I really really wanted to like the J36. I'm waiting on the next generation in the hopes that it will work for me better.

OP
DrivetheGreen66

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
longfornothing thanks for the input. thats all i asked was what people thought about the clubs. and you gave an honest review. THANKS

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.