• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bryan Alexander Bustamante

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
A few years, at least.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Congratulations, Jeff. You will find that children provide a great deal of stability to your life. The first place you will notice it is in your golf bag since the ho'ing funds will be diverted to such things as baby food, diapers, cribs, strollers, car seats, and cute little outfits. :D

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Totally missed this thread... Congrats, Jeff!! Very very cool.

My only piece of advice is you better learn to be quick with those diaper changes. You have a VERY limited window once the diaper is opened and cool air hits before flow begins! ;)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Totally missed this thread... Congrats, Jeff!! Very very cool.

My only piece of advice is you better learn to be quick with those diaper changes. You have a VERY limited window once the diaper is opened and cool air hits before flow begins! ;)

Ain't that the truth. SWMBO and me kept the grandson last weekend. She was bathing him on the kitchen counter, beside the stove where she'd just recently finished making spaghetti sauce for supper. See where this is headed? As soon as the diaper came off, the sauce had some extra seasoning. Yep, we ordered pizza that night, :laugh:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
:biglol:

Great one Dubya.

Yeah, we're getting it down pretty quick. All about the setup, getting the next diaper ready. He still poops a lot, how we know he's mine :)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Ain't that the truth. SWMBO and me kept the grandson last weekend. She was bathing him on the kitchen counter, beside the stove where she'd just recently finished making spaghetti sauce for supper. See where this is headed? As soon as the diaper came off, the sauce had some extra seasoning. Yep, we ordered pizza that night, :laugh:

That's golden! (literally)

:biglol:

Great one Dubya.

Yeah, we're getting it down pretty quick. All about the setup, getting the next diaper ready. He still poops a lot, how we know he's mine :)

You got it, preparation is key. But just know, it isn't if, it is when...

Funny story. My boy is a few days old and it's time for snipping. The nurse, for some reason, takes the diaper off on the far side of the room. My little man wizzed the entire walk across the room; got the nurse, doc, floor, and just about every piece of equipment! Lesson of the story, don't got down without a fight! :biglol:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Here's a couple pics. 5 days till his birthday!

Lil man is doing really well. He is 30 inches, and just shy of 24 pounds. Couple things I've noticed:

He's incredibly tough. Doesn't get it from his parents (even MC for that matter) so who knows where it comes from, but he's gotten his head bumped a few times pretty good and is done crying within moments, even the one time I accidently got him. With shots, he cries for about 10 seconds, mum picks him up, and he's good to go. When we got home from shots he was just crawling around and playing and doing great.

Loves the dog, monkey see-monkey do stuff (pointing, clapping, tongue-sticking). Pretty smart lil bugger (which he so obviously gets from me). Without further delay...

photo.php

photo.php

bryan36.jpg
Bryan37.jpg
Bryan38.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Cute little bugger Jeff!! I noticed you didn't take any snaps below the waist. Probably has a perpetual boner, just like his dad.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
He's incredibly tough. Doesn't get it from his parents (even MC for that matter) so who knows where it comes from, but he's gotten his head bumped a few times pretty good and is done crying within moments, even the one time I accidently got him. With shots, he cries for about 10 seconds, mum picks him up, and he's good to go. When we got home from shots he was just crawling around and playing and doing great.

First off, great lookiin kid!!!

Now to the quoted part of your post. I find that the amount of crying a child does per any given injury(or perceived injury) is directly related to the type of response the child receives from the parents. Being that i am no longer with the mother of my daughter, i have witnessed her get hurt with me, and get hurt to pretty much the same degree with her mother. Nothing against her mother at all, but she is a bit over dramatic. When my daughter falls, her mother is gasping and running over there like my daughter just lost a limb or something. That for some reason triggers my daughter to think she is hurt worse than she is OR she just like she attention and knows crying will get her more of that attention. No blood even comes from it and she's balling like an infant to her mother. Yet, she falls off her bike at my house, knee's bleeding, and she whimpers a bit, but i don't make a big deal out of the fall, shes fine. Same thing with the Fiancée...so its not a male/female deal.

Now this will obviously go out the window if the injury is serious(broken bones/lacerations/etc)...i'm talking about superficial bumps scrapes and bruises.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Good looking kid! Kids are so much fun at that age. Mine will be 3 in November and he loves to play golf. He begs me to take him to the course all the time. In fact, that's how I bribe him..."Kaden, if you can go all week without being mean to the babysitter, I'll take you golfing or fishing", then he'll say, "Yea, lets go golfing, but not in the yard dad, I want to go to the golf course". So if you haven't already, go buy that kid some sticks...I promise he is not too young.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Here's a couple pics. 5 days till his birthday!

Lil man is doing really well. He is 30 inches, and just shy of 24 pounds. Couple things I've noticed:

Loves the dog, monkey see-monkey do stuff (pointing, clapping, tongue-sticking). Pretty smart lil bugger (which he so obviously gets from me). Without further delay...

photo.php

photo.php

Bryan is lookin fine.

It's great visualizing the world through your child's eyes. Discovery of new phenomena (mundane to us oldies) is really really KOOL. Drink it all in!!!!!! It's most excellent stuff!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.