• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Budget graphite shaft for hybrid with a .350 tip

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Hey guys, I've been out of the game for a WHILE now. I've almost got a complete bag again (Callaway Diablo Edge Tour driver and FT Neutral 4 wood in the mail will complete it) and am going to get back out on the course. Anyways, I've got an old Heavenwood hybrid leftover from when I stopped playing and was wondering if y'all had any suggestions for a cheap, solid shaft to put in it. I need a shaft with a .350 tip, which seems to be hard to find in a hybrid offering. I have noticed that there are a lot more .350 offerings in wood shafts, is that an option?

Thanks fellas.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
My 3-hybrid is an old Callaway Heavenwood. It's got one of the old green NV shafts in it. Can't tell you which one, since the clubs are out at the course. I'll be playing in the morning and can try to remeber to check. Had a number of the Callaway Heavenwoods and never kept one in the bag until this one. I picked it up out of a used bin for under $25. Love it. It's been in the bag almost 2 full seasons.

OP
twelvegage

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Nice! It's a solid club, I got it used from 3balls a long time ago for about the same price but the head is BEAT UP and it came with a steel shaft. My dad's work is going to bead blast it, and I figured while the shaft is out for that, I might as well put something in it that's better suited for my improved swing speed.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
With your improved swing speed (i assume that means faster) you may want to give the steel a shot. I have tried SO MANY graphite hybrid shafts and have yet to find one that fits me better than the steel shafts do.

To answer your question though, yes, as long as the tip size matches you can use a wood .350 shaft in your hybrid. Keep in mind though, you will have to cut it more than expected to get it to play at the length of the hybrid so it won't weigh as much. Example: 85g wood shaft cut to play at 40" instead of 43" will weigh less and may feel off.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You can put both a .370 tip hybrid shaft in your Cally, as well as a .335. Shim one, sand the other.

I've done both many, many times and they've turned out fine every single time. You don't have to hamstring yourself to .350.

R35

🔥 Latest posts