• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buffalo beats New England?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
What reality and what facts? The numbers suggest he's an elite quarterback, many analysts rank him as such, and he's got a solid resume. You're in the minority here.

I do agree, right now Aaron Rodgers is much better.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I remember Ben throwing a TD pass in the last seconds of their Super Bowl game against Arizona to win it and I remember him doing the same thing against the Packers a couple years ago in a regular season game. I don't think he has the receivers he used to have (as Jeff said lot's of dropped passes) and no running game lets everyone tee off on him. I've never seen him on the ground so much as he's been this season. Right now he's not playing up to norm IMHO.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
What reality and what facts? The numbers suggest he's an elite quarterback, many analysts rank him as such, and he's got a solid resume. You're in the minority here.

I do agree, right now Aaron Rodgers is much better.

Numbers? Which numbers? His stats rank him in the lower half of QBs this year. Doesn't sound that "elite" to me. Neither does a 22.6 passer rating on his first SB, or 77 in his third (only a 92 on the second one, which is very respectable, but not elite). Compared to Brady's 130.5, 117, and a RECORD LOW 93 (year he lost) doesn't sound that amazing to me really... Neither it does compared to Brees, Rodgers, Manning, or any REAL elite Super Bowl QB...

But anyway, I'm not discussing this with you AGAIN. Unfortunately sometimes fans lose perspective when their team is criticised, as its obvious in this case....

So again, this topic ends here for me, you can say as much as you want though....

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sadly the days of the elite QB are waning. 85% of the colleges are going for the athletic QB, the dual threat, that can run great, and throw just well enough to get by. That may win you a National Championship in college, but when they get into the NFL with 300 + lb defensivie linemen that can run just as fast as the QB and running backs and its a whole different ball game. One that doesn't lead to a long and healthy carrer. And even if the coaching staff does try to convert them to a pocket passer, getting teed off on by a 340 lb defensive end occasionally will shorten a carrer and give you happy feet. Look how seldom Peyton was sacked over the years, but he had to have potentionally carrer ending neck surgery

no, I'm afraid the QB position is well on its way to becoming a throw away roster spot. Find some stud in college, run him out onto the field until he can't pick himself up off the ground anymore, then draft another one.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Sadly the days of the elite QB are waning. 85% of the colleges are going for the athletic QB, the dual threat, that can run great, and throw just well enough to get by. That may win you a National Championship in college, but when they get into the NFL with 300 + lb defensivie linemen that can run just as fast as the QB and running backs and its a whole different ball game. One that doesn't lead to a long and healthy carrer. And even if the coaching staff does try to convert them to a pocket passer, getting teed off on by a 340 lb defensive end occasionally will shorten a carrer and give you happy feet. Look how seldom Peyton was sacked over the years, but he had to have potentionally carrer ending neck surgery

no, I'm afraid the QB position is well on its way to becoming a throw away roster spot. Find some stud in college, run him out onto the field until he can't pick himself up off the ground anymore, then draft another one.

That was supposed to be the trend some years ago, and it was supposed to be the "future of the game". I remember when McNair, McNabb, Vick all started in their teams. They where supposed to be the "next big thing". And even though they have been outstanding QB (I specially loved McNair in his premium years. He could stand a tackle from any LB without falling to the ground and throw a perfect spiral 2 seconds afterwards).

We have seen all the "failures" in the previous years keeping the trend. Vince Young, JM Russell (worst draft pick EVER), Tarvaris Jackson, etc. Cam Newton might be the exception, but its still too early to decide. Freeman could be a good example as well. In the meanwhile, "classic" QBs like Rodgers, Stafford or Fitzpatrick (let's not count the "older" guys like Brady, Manning or Brees) have shown they will never go out of fashion.

So, even though most college teams are willing to go for the "dual threat" QB, guys like Andrew Luck will be first in line in the draft for next year.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

I wouldn't say that the 330lb lineman are running as fast as the running backs....if they honestly could run that fast, they would be the running back.

Imagine a true 4.2 40 330lb man with the ball. No one is going to stop that without getting injured. That's a guaranteed 5 yards per carry. Not to mention the play action passes you could pull off because the entire defense would be crashing trying to get enough bodies on this guy to bring him down.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.