• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

By the Numbers: Matt Kuchar's Torrid Month

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Matt Kuchar won at Hilton Head. (Allison)​
MATT KUCHAR THREE-PUTTED FROM four feet on the par-3 17th hole at Harbour Town Golf Links, but that didn't keep "Kooch" from winning the RBC Heritage. The hottest man in golf over the last month holed out his bunker shot on the final hole to wrap up a 7-under 64 in windy conditions and a 1-stroke victory over 54-hole leader Luke Donald.

I watched much of the coverage on Sunday and was aghast when Matt missed his four-foot birdie putt at 17, and then missed again for par, walking off with a bogey and tied with Donald. I thought, "Uh-oh. Here we go."

But Kuchar said he just shook it off and headed to 18, which "requires your full attention."

"It really feels awfully good," he said afterward. "I thought Houston I was in control. I thought that was a tournament I was going to win. But that didn't work out. I played some really good golf at Augusta last week, and I thought, 'This is where it's supposed to work out.'

"It's awfully sweet to have a chance. I kept wanting after things didn't work out in San Antonio, just give me another chance. Give me another chance. [It's] amazing to have four straight weeks of chances on four completely different golf courses. I take a lot of pride in playing good week in and week out. This has been some excellent play."

In his Monday Finish story at PGATour.com, D.J. Piehowski detailed some of the numbers during Kuchar's stretch of excellent play:

• A scoring average of 69.6 in his last four starts.
  • Kuchar has earned $2.35 million and 1,038 FedEx Cup points in four weeks. The money works out to a little more than $2,100 per stroke.
  • Four consecutive top-5 finishes, a career first for Kuchar.
  • 72 birdies at the last four Tour stops, the equivalent of one birdie every four holes.
  • Kuchar has assured his sixth consecutive $2 million season.

Finally, Kuchar has eight top-10 finishes in 11 tournaments this season. That's very good playing. The RBC Heritage was his seventh PGA Tour title and moves him to No. 5 in the world golf rankings.

There's only one other thing he needs at this point. It starts with the letter M.

Source: By the Numbers: Matt Kuchar's Torrid Month

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
He reminds me of Ned Flanders, minus the stache. But he is such a nice guy and one hell of a golfer. The bunker shot on 18 had a 1% chance of going in and Kooch nailed it! One of the hottest players on the planet indeed!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Of course not. But I dont buy R1s and sell them after 5 swings either....
Not sure how that matters.

And it was 10 swings. If a club can't grab me in 10 swings, it's not worth the time.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
I think you may be a banker that buys the bling. Its sorta like a secret life for you I guess?

🔥 Latest posts