• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Project X 6.0???

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been looking @ a Callaway Diablo Octane. I know that the "made for" shafts are made to fit a wider range of people (or at least that is what I think I know) so my question is where the heck can I find specs for these shafts and how do they measure up to the real aftermarket shafts? In this case I am asking about the ProjectX 6.0 w/ the Callaway label that's stock in the Diablo Octane -vs- the real 6.0. If anyone has any actual experience with it it'd be great to hear your feedback.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Well, I found on Callaway's site that the shaft they have is a 60g, mid-torque, low kickpoint. On the Project X site the 6.0 is 66g, tip is stiff-mid and that is all they have on the chart. Doesn't sound like they play the same at all. What do ya'll make of that info comparison in terms of the comparison in ballflight/dispersion.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sounds like the Cally PX is put into that head to help get the ball into the air more so than the aftermarket PX. Makes sense, all OEM's want you to think their driver is "the one". Its to bad really, I'd pay more for a OEM club with a REAL aftermarket shaft. It annoys me they want me to spend $300 on a driver then I have to spend more $$ to get a decent shaft.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
They do have an Adams Speedline f11 there with a real xcon6.1 and you get a free f11 3w all for $199, but the 3w has a r-flex shaft.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Thats a steal! Whats the shaft in the 3w? Same thing? you could probably pull the shaft, sell it on eBay and get something good to put into the 3w.

That's what I'd do, but I have a shaft puller. How expensive is it to get a shaft pulled around your neck of the woods?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
They do have an Adams Speedline f11 there with a real xcon6.1 and you get a free f11 3w all for $199, but the 3w has a r-flex shaft.

The 6.1 is a higher spin model of the XCON 6, a made for. They play similar, but the 6.1 is built to elevate the ball a tad more than the aftermarket version.

R35

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Thats a steal! Whats the shaft in the 3w? Same thing? you could probably pull the shaft, sell it on eBay and get something good to put into the 3w.

That's what I'd do, but I have a shaft puller. How expensive is it to get a shaft pulled around your neck of the woods?

3w is a voodoo rvs6 or something like that. I haven't dabbled in shaft pulling or replacing yet. Until I know more I don't have the $ to get into that now too. I try to buy sticks with a decent shaft in them.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
3w is a voodoo rvs6 or something like that. I haven't dabbled in shaft pulling or replacing yet. Until I know more I don't have the $ to get into that now too. I try to buy sticks with a decent shaft in them.

I love my shaft puller.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
If I did do shafts I woulda bought that g10 from ya, but I don't have the funds to buy that, and a shaft, and have it done.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have a manual (no-jack) puller about 6 years ago. It's paid for itself a hundred times over, easy.

It was like $38. It's beat to shit now, but still pulls like nobodies business.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have a manual (no-jack) puller about 6 years ago. It's paid for itself a hundred times over, easy.

It was like $38. It's beat to shit now, but still pulls like nobodies business.

R35

Sounds like the same type I have. I have considered a few times upgrading, but for the # of shafts I pull it works just fine.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
O.K. you shaft guys... gimme some of the basic details on pulling and installing shafts and any prep needed in between pulling and installing. If you got a head you loved and are going to pull your fav. shaft from another head and put it in the new head you would....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Still a respectable shaft though?

Absolutely. And most Matrix shafts that are OEM are built specifically for the head they are put in to maximize everything.

You might run into trouble putting an OEM design into a different head with dissimilar characteristics.

But, built well, nonetheless.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
u might actually like that voodoo... it's basically a new version of the nvs

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online