• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can a Belt Help Your Golf Game?

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Charles Prokop

Copyright © Charles Prokop. Used with permission.

A POST AT THE ARMCHAIR GOLFER about the Hickok Belt reminded me of something I’ve wondered about: Can a belt help your golf game?

I've always thought a belt didn't do a lot more than hold up my pants, but I might be missing something here.

I was looking at the credits in Golf Digest (yeah, I'm one of those guys) and noticed that Phil Mickelson's belt cost $2,050. Now I'm all for someone spending whatever they want on whatever they want as long as they have the cash. Phil certainly has the cash and gives a huge amount of it away to charitable causes. If he wants to wear a belt that costs the same as a Dave Ramsey Special used car, he has my blessing.

But why?

I usually get my belts at Wal-Mart, and I get one about every two to three years when the old one finally wears out. They cost me around $10 and are reversible. I wear the same belt most every day. I won't claim the belt makes a fashion statement, but people aren't usually staring at my waist. (If they are, it's not my belt that I check. I try to find a subtle way to check my zipper.)

I figure I can have a lifetime supply of belts for less than that one belt of Phil's.

I may splurge next time and go for a belt that costs $25. I know I'll never play like Phil, but maybe that extra $15 will shave a stroke or so off my handicap.

It turns out the Hickok Belt was alligator, just like Phil's. So maybe there's a gator skin and sports performance link. Who knew?

Charles Prokop is a clinical psychologist who writes about golf at fairwaywords.

Source: Can a Belt Help Your Golf Game?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
A belt CAN and WILL help your golf game if your pants are too big and keep falling down. FACT.

Also ice cream has no bones. FACT

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
A belt CAN and WILL help your golf game if your pants are too big and keep falling down. FACT.

Also ice cream has no bones. FACT
haddock.jpg

🔥 Latest posts