• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can the NVG2 Mid be bent?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I know the M565, which is a similar style iron, is in fact forged and therefore allows loft/lie adjustment if necessary. Is the NVG2 mid also bendable? This is of course assuming the fragility of cast...

Any info is appreciated.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm sure they can be bent - probably not that much, but but I'm guessing you can get some adjustments made - what are you looking to do?

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm not sure yet what extent I'll need them to be bent. I did some figuring of my own on the MP-30 set I had before that worked wonders for me. The TLT has just not lived up to that, or even close to it.

My plan right now is to build off an ideal length 7, or 5 iron. from there I'll go at .4 inch increments to get a simulated MOI/SW match. this is correct, yes?

with those fixed lengths, I'm going to use the same trigonometry I used with the MP-30's to get my desired lie angle. With the MP30's though, this actually required that my 3 iron be bent approximately 5 full degrees flat. I had the figures to within a hundredth of a degree, but that sort of accuracy is not necessary. The guy I had do the work on the MP30s got them to within a quarter of a degree, and it was dandy.

This way I'll have ideal lengths, and ideal lies, as well as a simulated MOI match. Am I missing anything?

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That 5* was on standard length set, which was likely too long to begin with. Once I change the lengths on these the lie angle difference should not be QUITE as substantial.

I never hit a set as well as I hit those after I did this experiment. So I'm convinced.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
You will nver bend those anywhere near 5*. I would be surprised as hell if you could bend them 2* before they spider.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Roget that, Lyle. What about the M565's? They are a forged head.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.