• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

canada/the next generation?

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
can canada produce boxers to be competitive worldwide,it seems we only have a few fighters that can actually compete and be successful in the sport:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Boxing is going the way of the DoDo bird. The last time I actually watched a boxing match was when Larry Holmes beat Michael Moore (I think that's his name) to take back the heavy weight belt at like age 72. Boxing is pointless now. FWIW, I don't have a whole lot more regard for MMA but I can see it's popularity.

OP
B

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
Boxing is going the way of the DoDo bird. The last time I actually watched a boxing match was when Larry Holmes beat Michael Moore (I think that's his name) to take back the heavy weight belt at like age 72. Boxing is pointless now. FWIW, I don't have a whole lot more regard for MMA but I can see it's popularity.
you seem to know nothing about boxing,if you dont like boxing that is fine,but wont it make the thread much better and more member friendlier if you submit a post with some sort of boxing analzation of the threads concept

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
you seem to know nothing about boxing,if you dont like boxing that is fine,but wont it make the thread much better and more member friendlier if you submit a post with some sort of boxing analzation of the threads concept

I had anaylysis in there. I said that boxing is going the way of the DoDo bird, that means that it will be extinct soon. If you can't see that, and maybe boxing is somehow more popular in Canada, than maybe you need to do more analysis.

Just a thought.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
beermug, you would make, a great moderator for the site, with your savvy anal-zation of threads, you got my vote,

Barkz

Aug 26, 2010

Boxing is cack, has been for years, ever since Tyson lost the plot. As Jim said it's going the way of the DoDo. That's my analytical view of this thread. Do I know anything about boxing beermug? Maybe I do maybe I don't. I'm sure you will have an opinion either way.

OP
B

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
i think canada has to have better programs to keep future boxing starts in the country

Barkz

Aug 26, 2010
i think canada has to have better programs to keep future boxing starts in the country

Does Canada really want too invest heavily in boxing. I personally don't know as I'm not from Canada. Are sports such as Ice Hockey and Lacrosse not more popular? I'm a massive Rugby League fan. Will the English ever invest heavily in RL? Not a chance. It isn't popular enough and could never compete with football. Yet ask TTR how the Aussies feel about RL and you will get a totally different answer.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Does Canada really want too invest heavily in boxing. .... Will the English ever invest heavily in RL? Not a chance. It isn't popular enough and could never compete with football. Yet ask TTR how the Aussies feel about RL and you will get a totally different answer.

Re Rugby League? Yes, it is massive in two of the Eastern Australian States. It is equivalent to NFL in the US in those Aus states. NRL - The official site of the National Rugby League - NRL.com

Re Canadian boxing? I think you can cast a broader net than that. For a country so populous & such a player on the international stage, I was surprised by the results of Canada in the recent Commonwealth Games. Commonwealth Games Federation - Past Commonwealth Games (not a criticism, just an observation)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I live in Canada and wouldn't watch boxing if you paid me.

As far as amatuer boxing, I support it as an Olympic sport as it truly is the ultimate in one-on-one. But so is fencing and tennis. But as a money maker, professional boxing, who cares.

R35

letstalk

Oct 26, 2010
canada has produced fighters that can compete at the highest level,i am a boxing fan and i follow the sport,i believe that the last couple of years we have not produced as much as the past but we still have a few that are competing at a high level

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
canada has produced fighters that can compete at the highest level,i am a boxing fan and i follow the sport,i believe that the last couple of years we have not produced as much as the past but we still have a few that are competing at a high level

Who? I watch sportscenter regularly and consider myself a sports fan and couldn't name one single boxer that is active today. At least heavyweight boxer, I've heard of Floyd Mayweather.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Who? I watch sportscenter regularly and consider myself a sports fan and couldn't name one single boxer that is active today. At least heavyweight boxer, I've heard of Floyd Mayweather.

Jim,when i was a moderator at a VB forum i could compare the IP addresses of certain accounts and see they same, if the commas weren't enough of a clue.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim,when i was a moderator at a VB forum i could compare the IP addresses of certain accounts and see they same, if the commas weren't enough of a clue.

I knew that, thanks! What I was trying to get him to say was which Canadian boxers are competing at the highest level?

🔥 Latest posts