• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chalmers Outlasts Scott to Win Aussie PGA

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Greg Chalmers​
GREG CHALMERS PUT IN A LONG day at the office on Sunday. But it was a very good day for the 41-year-old western Australian.

Chalmers outlasted Wade Ormsby and Masters champion Adam Scott in a seven-hole playoff to win the Australian PGA Championship at Royal Pines on the Gold Coast. The southpaw also won the Aussie PGA title in 2011.

After ho-hum play that left him seven shots off the pace coming into Sunday, Chalmers got red hot on his final trip around Royal Pines. The veteran carded eight birdies, including one on the final hole earned him a spot in the playoff, to post a 64.

Ormsby and Scott both shot 71 on the final 18. Ormsby dropped out of the playoff on the third extra hole.

''Just phenomenal, I'm worn out,'' Chalmers said. ''I was all over the place ... really excited and thrilled.''

Defending champion Scott lamented a lost opportunity.

''I didn't hit it close enough today to the hole,'' he said.

''It wasn't like I missed 10 footers today all day long. When you hit it outside 25 feet, there is almost the same chance you are going to three-putt as two-putt on tour. You have to hit it closer.''

Source: Chalmers Outlasts Scott to Win Aussie PGA

🔥 Latest posts