• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chasing Aces

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Very nice.... That looks like a slam dunk...
. What was yardage?
What club?

Slam dunk, it was.

Three quarter 9 iron into a one club wind. The hole plays 125 from those tees.

Where the pin was you have to almost play more club because you'll suck the ball back into the swell at the front of the green and you'll have a helluva putt coming back up the hill. Being down there brings 4 into play. It's a tough little hole, and I've bogeyed it more than I have birdied it. I actually saw the pro take a 7 on that hole with my own eyes.

That was back in 2008. It was my third Ace.

R35
No4DVGE_Ace.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Here's the same hole two years ago when we had record rain in the spring...they've completely rebuilt the hole now and it's absolutely fine now.

R35
4_DV_Erosion.jpg
2011-05-11 19.04.54.jpg

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Mine was uphill and I thought I had missed long because I saw the ball bounce. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the green.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
I've been chasing a ACE since i started playing 4Yrs ago:D - came close once, hal a meter from the hole! but that's it. never cam that close again!:(

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
I've had 7 ACES in golf the last 30+ years, and 2 were over 200 yards both with a 4W, one was 235 and the other 215.

Last few years I've a lot of ACES, it's what I call my #1 girlfriend at the moment now, you know, she's my ACE.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
View attachment 23600

Par 3 130. Clanked it off of the flagstick and that's where it landed. I was mad and happy at the same time. Lol
It's a good thing the ball didn't go in that hole with the pink flagstick. Had it gone in, you'd have to turn in your "man card"!!!!:D

Oh... Great shot! And, welcome to ShotTalk!!!!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I had an ace the first time I went golfing on a real field on a 176y hole surrounded by a lake .I decided then I was meant to play this game hehehe. After that, it just has never happened again. I have lost at least 20 balls on that same stupid hole since then and the closest to an Ace gas been like five ft

🔥 Latest posts