• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chasing Aces

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I had an ace the first time I went golfing on a real field on a 176y hole surrounded by a lake .I decided then I was meant to play this game hehehe. After that, it just has never happened again. I have lost at least 20 balls on that same stupid hole since then and the closest to an Ace gas been like five ft
I've been chasing an ace my entire golf career. Closest I've been is a lip out on a 127 yarder. That was on my 13th birthday. Which was almost 20 years ago.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I've been chasing an ace my entire golf career. Closest I've been is a lip out on a 127 yarder. That was on my 13th birthday. Which was almost 20 years ago.
Same here. I've only had a smell of the hole. I nearly slam dunked a 9i from 145 once. It tore the front lip out of the cup, hit the flag and bounced back completely off the green. Made par.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
No Ace for me so far.

Closest I've been was probably on one of the outings. I believe it was an 8i slight draw...I have no idea what the yardage was. I think I ended up maybe 2 feet away? @nututhugame has a much better memory when it comes to this stuff than I do...you remember it?

I had a 5i, up a hill, into the wind go about 210 and end up about 4 inches short of rolling in. I knew it looked good as it went beyond where I could see it, but it was way better than I figured. That was my second shot on a par 5 though. So I've been closer to an albatros than to an Ace.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
No Ace for me so far.

Closest I've been was probably on one of the outings. I believe it was an 8i slight draw...I have no idea what the yardage was. I think I ended up maybe 2 feet away? @nututhugame has a much better memory when it comes to this stuff than I do...you remember it?

I had a 5i, up a hill, into the wind go about 210 and end up about 4 inches short of rolling in. I knew it looked good as it went beyond where I could see it, but it was way better than I figured. That was my second shot on a par 5 though. So I've been closer to an albatros than to an Ace.
I remember. I think you and I both hit PW actually. The hole is around 150 to the center and the pin was front with a little helping breeze. I can't remember who the 3'rd was in our group (Splooge maybe?), but I though we all put it on... each one closer than the last with E's damn near going in.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I remember. I think you and I both hit PW actually. The hole is around 150 to the center and the pin was front with a little helping breeze. I can't remember who the 3'rd was in our group (Splooge maybe?), but I though we all put it on... each one closer than the last with E's damn near going in.

This was on the second hole after we cross the road into the parking lot right? If so, I believe you're right on the PW.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
This was on the second hole after we cross the road into the parking lot right? If so, I believe you're right on the PW.
I believe so. And now that I think about it, wasn't it Jake that was with us? That was the "well there's that draw" round. Same round he pitched it right into the cart.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I believe so. And now that I think about it, wasn't it Jake that was with us? That was the "well there's that draw" round. Same round he pitched it right into the cart.

Yup, pretty sure you're right. They all tend to blend together for me after a while. The cart shot was hilarious.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Somewhere in the early '90s I hit one to within two inches. I also backed one up over the cup somehow.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403422287.508954.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403422311.331722.jpg

First one 155 yards, second 205 yards. Both in the same week. Close but no cigar.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online