1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Circumnagivating the Globe

Discussion in 'No Golf For You!' started by IrishGolfer, Sep 20, 2011.

1. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

I have a business trip coming up in October. Get this:

Belfast - London - San Francisco - LA - Brisbane - Hong Kong - London - Belfast all in 10 days.

I actually miss a day of my life flying to Oz from CA. I get on a plane on a Thursday evening and get off on a Saturday morning!

My aim is to get a game of Golf while in Australia. Any ST'ers from Brisbane? (Wonder what Aussie Turkeys taste like! :cool:

Anyone done something similar? What can I / my body expect regarding jet lag?

2. VtDivot

VtDivot SLIGHTERED Supporting Member

That is a crazy trip Mark... one of the guys on my team went to Korea a few weeks ago to help our team out there. My wife was glad it wasn't me. Have fun, my advice is to skip the golf and enjoy the real treasures of the lands you visit.

3. floggerrushmd

floggerrushmd Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This itinerary reminds me of that scene from Superman where he flies so fast around the Earth that he is able to go back in time. All I can say is wow that is quite the trip. I agree with VtDivot though, see as many of the sights as you can.

4. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Yeah, see the sights of Brisbane! They don't call it BrisVegas for nothing!

You can....

or you can....

and there's even...

Well, yeah, thats about it. Don't think there is a hell of a lot to do in Brissy.

Better get a game of golf in, I'd say.

Our mod, TheTrueReview is pretty close to, if not in, Brisbane I believe so maybe catch up with him. He also might know of some things to do.
    What's your dates IG?

5. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

Arrive in Brisbane on Sat 15 Oct and leave on Thurs 20 Oct. So looking to "do" Brisbane on the Saturday and Sunday. Would be cool to hook up with TTR.

6. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Well I do happen to know that that particular weekend is the weekend of the OzGolf champs (another forum that TTR and I are both members of). I'm fairly certain that he's playing in those along with about 50 or 60 other guys (and gals) from the forum at Pelican Waters golf club about an hour north of Brisbane so a Sunday and / or Monday game could very well be on the cards if you want it. I know the guys from the forum would welcome you with open arms and I believe they have a good group rate so you could play a nice course for small cash. And they could get a good set of clubs for you to, no hassles.

That is on the proviso that you could put up with a bunch of obnoxious hungover Aussies all day. They tend to play pretty hard on Saturday night.

Edit: actually just checked and it doesn't seem that TTR is playing those champs. Could be wrong though. Im sure he'll be along soon to let you know.