• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Niblick

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I just googled this Niblick. It's 42*? So you basically have a hybrid 9i?

What's the idea behind it?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
From Cleveland,

' The new Niblick combines the best features of a wedge, putter, iron and hybrid to create the ultimate scoring club. The Niblick enables players to hit four different types of shots: chips, pitches, approach shots and recoveries.'

Lets you hit 4 different shots. All of which one can hit with normal clubs, plus more. So, what's the benefit again?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The old choppers could be hit left handed or right and rumor was you had to count then as 2 clubs in your bag. So that would make the Niblick an improvement!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So, I can phuck 4 different shots with the same club? Excellent.

aencrypted_tbn3_gstatic_com_images_db5e4b1d8ff35c7176f188294dc8e5d0._.jpg

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
You most assuredly would not feel that way had you given a Niblick a real road test.
I've used all manner of chippers ...and then I've used the Cleveland Niblicks: No Mas. Amigo.
I actually have, as well as having an Odyssey Marxman in the bag for a while. No thanks. I'll stick to chipping with a variety of clubs depending upon what the situation warrants.
I stand by my original claim that the Niblick is an overpriced, overhyped gimmick.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
From Cleveland,

' The new Niblick combines the best features of a wedge, putter, iron and hybrid to create the ultimate scoring club. The Niblick enables players to hit four different types of shots: chips, pitches, approach shots and recoveries.'

Lets you hit 4 different shots. All of which one can hit with normal clubs, plus more. So, what's the benefit again?

Yeah, the Niblick allows the average amateur to hit 4 different shots -all of which he will most likely muff big time with the other "normal" clubs you refer to -unless he has practice time akin to that of Tiger, Phil and Rory....and THAT is indeed THE benefit. The point I remind you , is to enjoy the game -this is a legal club with a proud golf history (please take note other poster who apparently thinks that the name is some kind of new marketing ploy as in "niblick-niblick-niblick".-you lack a basic understanding of Golf history.)

It has been tested and proven more effective for ALL handicaps:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=2319

from the above cited test review: (Highligts are mine)

"On our first day out testing the Niblick we lined up 5 people to work on their short games. Each golfer on this day had a handicap higher than 15 and lower than 24. Each person was armed with the Niblick first and then their normal club they use in the particular situation second. We setup 6 stations around the green to work from with each one having 6 balls. 3 balls for their club and 3 balls for the Niblick. Not one player did better with their club of choice compared to the Niblick. In fact to take it a step further, the players were over 60% closer to the hole in combined totals with the Niblick than their club. What we noticed was that with the Cleveland Niblick, nobody had the issue of the "fat" or "thin" shots that were happening a few times as they made their way around the green with their own clubs.
The next day we did the same test with 5 more players all that had a handicap index of less than 10. The results were a little different as only 4 out of the 5 golfers finished closer to the hole with the Niblick compared to their current club of choice. Yet the difference was only about 24% with the lower handicap players. One thing was the same though. Not one player in either group thought the club did not work after trying it out."

So, having demonstrated its effectiveness across the handicap spectrum from single digit golfer to mid to high 'cap duffer please explain the "logic" in dissuading others from using an entirely legal and most effective club -other than the ego-driven rubbish described in aforesaid review.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, the Niblick allows the average amateur to hit 4 different shots -all of which he will most likely muff big time with the other "normal" clubs you refer to -unless he has practice time akin to that of Tiger, Phil and Rory....and THAT is indeed THE benefit. The point I remind you , is to enjoy the game -this is a legal club with a proud golf history (please take note other poster who apparently thinks that the name is some kind of new marketing ploy as in "niblick-niblick-niblick".-you lack a basic understanding of Golf history.)

It has been tested and proven more effective for ALL handicaps:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=2319

from the above cited test review: (Highligts are mine)

"On our first day out testing the Niblick we lined up 5 people to work on their short games. Each golfer on this day had a handicap higher than 15 and lower than 24. Each person was armed with the Niblick first and then their normal club they use in the particular situation second. We setup 6 stations around the green to work from with each one having 6 balls. 3 balls for their club and 3 balls for the Niblick. Not one player did better with their club of choice compared to the Niblick. In fact to take it a step further, the players were over 60% closer to the hole in combined totals with the Niblick than their club. What we noticed was that with the Cleveland Niblick, nobody had the issue of the "fat" or "thin" shots that were happening a few times as they made their way around the green with their own clubs.
The next day we did the same test with 5 more players all that had a handicap index of less than 10. The results were a little different as only 4 out of the 5 golfers finished closer to the hole with the Niblick compared to their current club of choice. Yet the difference was only about 24% with the lower handicap players. One thing was the same though. Not one player in either group thought the club did not work after trying it out."

So, having demonstrated its effectiveness across the handicap spectrum from single digit golfer to mid to high 'cap duffer please explain the "logic" in dissuading others from using an entirely legal and most effective club -other than the ego-driven rubbish described in aforesaid review.
What does me enjoying to say Niblick three times really fast have to do with my knowledge of golf history or any kind of marketing ploy? I'm not trying to sell the ugly motherphuqers, you are. I just like to say Niblick three times really fast. Niblick Niblick Niblick!

I personally think they are/were (they still make them???) ugly and I wouldn't game one. On top of that I think it's totally ridiculous to try to prove with a review or "test" that an inanimate object can suddenly turn hackers who skull chips into.... guys with Niblicks who are impervious to chunks or skullso_O . Now you've made me like them even less and from this point forward I will no longer give them the respect of capitalization. niblick niblick niblick.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
What does me enjoying to say Niblick three times really fast have to do with my knowledge of golf history or any kind of marketing ploy? I'm not trying to sell the ugly motherphuqers, you are. I just like to say Niblick three times really fast. Niblick Niblick Niblick!

I personally think they are/were (they still make them???) ugly and I wouldn't game one. On top of that I think it's totally ridiculous to try to prove with a review or "test" that an inanimate object can suddenly turn hackers who skull chips into.... guys with Niblicks who are impervious to chunks or skullso_O . Now you've made me like them even less and from this point forward I will no longer give them the respect of capitalization. niblick niblick niblick.

I guess if I were up north in all that snow and cold I'd perhaps attempt to find some solace in making fun out of something I havent tried and dont even know if they still make (they do.) ....cabin fever 'tis a nasty thing indeed ....you'll have to pardon me now as I and my "Niblicks, Niblicks, Niblicks" have an early teetime tomorrow morning....temps are supposed to be in the low 80's gotta remember me sunblock.......Good evening, mate. Keep warm.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I guess if I were up north in all that snow and cold I'd perhaps attempt to find some solace in making fun out of something I havent tried and dont even know if they still make (they do.) ....cabin fever 'tis a nasty thing indeed ....you'll have to pardon me now as I and my "Niblicks, Niblicks, Niblicks" have an early teetime tomorrow morning....temps are supposed to be in the low 80's gotta remember me sunblock.......Good evening, mate. Keep warm.
And if I lived somewhere that was in the 80's in feb. i'd practice enough to not have to dig up five year old threads on magic clubs that nobody hits/cares about and try to convince a bunch of people I don't know that testing proves they need to try them... and all my practice would make me efficient enough with clubs that are not ugly band aids for poor short game, that I could make my tee time tomorrow morning without having to look at four niblicks niblicks niblicks in my bag. I would find some solace in that. Enjoy your round mate.

niblick niblick niblick. Still fun.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
Ah, yes, I remember that thread on THP. For a while there there guy who started THP was obsessed with the Niblick.
Like I said, Cleveland can market it as a, "scoring club" if they want but its just a fancy name for a chipper. Shaft length of a putter. Moderate amount of loft. Wide sole. Chipper.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.