• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clugnut's WITB 2009

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think I might have got it, this time! I still have the cavities, and might switch back to them in the 4-6, but the blades are not that less forgiving. The only things that I know will probably change are the driver and three wood shafts. I have a Bassara on way for the driver.
bp1.jpg
bp2.jpg
bp3.jpg

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
How do you like the javln shafts?

So far, so good. The feel off the A4's is the best I've felt, and the distance seems on par. Limited experience only, of course, but positive.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Very nice! But it's not 2009 yet! Nothing for Christmas... no HO'ing between now and then????

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Very nice! But it's not 2009 yet! Nothing for Christmas... no HO'ing between now and then????

Hopefully, I'll get a Skycaddie for Christmas.

I'm trying to tell myself I'm done. The whole 30% Live search cash back thing isn't helping.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Nice irons and I like the driver! But, I don't see those blue balls you mentioned last night...;)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It's early to be counting your chickens, Jon.

You like that driver though, huh? I love how it sets up at address, but the paint on the sole is so cheap and poorly done on the ones I've seen, it just makes it seem cheap.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
It's early to be counting your chickens, Jon.

You like that driver though, huh? I love how it sets up at address, but the paint on the sole is so cheap and poorly done on the ones I've seen, it just makes it seem cheap.

Hehe, I'm trying to convince myself.

As good as the A3 looks and sits, if I continue to hit it well, I don't care if all the paint rubs off. I have to agree, though. The quality of the new Adams stuff is 1000% better.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Looks real good, my cousin has the same driver and I've used it a few times and really like it, so much that I may get one myself! Any more pics of your putter, that sucker looks sharp!

scottevans77

Sep 10, 2008
Nice set. I keep hearing good things about the Insight XTD. Seriously considering picking one up myself on the cheap.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I guees the Cleveand HiBore XL Tour didn't last long. :laugh:

I can not get the same distance out of the regular HiBore XL so far, but smashed the Tour version. Only problem was when I missed right, I missed waaaaayyyyy right with the Tour.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Looks real good, my cousin has the same driver and I've used it a few times and really like it, so much that I may get one myself! Any more pics of your putter, that sucker looks sharp!

Will do. Looks pretty sick now that I have a yellow Iomic on it.

Nice set. I keep hearing good things about the Insight XTD. Seriously considering picking one up myself on the cheap.

Do it. Best deal in golf right now, IMHO.

I guees the Cleveand HiBore XL Tour didn't last long. :laugh:

I can not get the same distance out of the regular HiBore XL so far, but smashed the Tour version. Only problem was when I missed right, I missed waaaaayyyyy right with the Tour.

Same here. My best swing was a 2 yard cut, and I only occasionally put my best swings on driver!

Staff online

Members online