• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Commuted to work today

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
1398385927319.jpg
thats the seat on my road bike. I just cant anymore.. I might with a gel.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
That seat looks absolutely painful. Whoever designed it needs a scrotaloctomy.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
At first I was wiped out. Later, when the conditioning got better, Becky and I could take turns up front and cruise at a suprising rate. Better to have a group though. I rode a century once, all the way, and decided that was stupid. Way too much pain. Then I burnt a knee out and havent ridden since 06 so she chilled also. She is after me to fix her bike tubes so maybe we will go out some soon, but not on that seat of mine.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
When the boy was in D.C., he would ride his bike from Ft. Belvoir to the Pentagon to work. It was about 27 miles each way. Streets 5 miles, from Belvoir to Mt. Vernon. Then a bike trail from Mt. Vernon to the Pentagon. He had to be at work before 5 a.m., so had some near misses with deer early a.m.
He runs at least one, and sometimes two, full marathons/year. Runs some 5 and 10 k's in between. Running a 10k this coming weekend. He thought he could keep in shape by bike riding and it not have the impact on knees already feeling the effect of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.
While in D.C., he entered what they called a "dual-a-thon". You rode a road bike for something like 20 miles, then you went to a mountain type bike for an off-road course. He had never ridden off road. Of course, he thought the could use his road bike for the entire course. Did the road course well. Tried to begin the off-road with his street bike and crashed!!! Busted the frame on the nice street bike, tore nice gouges from elbow to shoulder on his right arm, and no longer rides anything. Gave up biking and went back to just running.
The unit he took over when he got to Ft. Campbell, he referred to as "a bunch of fat slobs". Right off the bat, he got crosswise since they were not doing PT correctly. He firmly believes soldiers need to be conditioned to stay alive. So... he began running them. There's a course called "the hills of Ft. Campbell". Said when he got there, the soldiers couldn't even run a mile in the hills without tiring. They learned quickly, the more they complained, the longer they ran. He loves to run and there was not one person in his new unit that would stay with him. He says he's got them up to almost 10 miles. Says you cannot believe how much better shape these kids are in... and seeming to be much prouder of who they are. He still doesn't have anyone in the unit wanting to challenge him to a distance run!!!

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Yeah. And those titanium knee joints have different trim levels, and you only want the best so save up!

🔥 Latest posts