• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Company Scramble 2015

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Forgot to post about my latest round...

My Company Outing was last Friday. I personally had a really good round.

Ended up hitting three different drives over 300 on GPS. Not far over 300...but still having a good ball in the fairway and being able to relax and swing away helped. Had quite a few nice approach shots...never super close to the pin, but nice straight shots into the green. I think our pitching from 40-80 is what killed us. We probably could have had 3 more strokes had we hit some of those closer to the pin.

One of our guys was having a terrible time hitting dead pushes all day. He hit a few good ones, but he was really frustrated. Understandably so.

Our 4th was usually a woman here in the office that's a lot of fun to golf with, but she just had a baby so we recruited the new President of the company to golf with us. He's a solid golfer and a really fun guy.

We ended up shooting 6 under 65 and didn't really leave too much out on the course. Maybe 2 or 3 more strokes if we were really on. We're no professionals. We took second place and got beat by 6 strokes. We got to be the leader in the clubhouse for about 30 minute though....so that was fun.

One team posted a 96....lol yikes

We finally broke into the top 3 and every previous year they have paid out(gift cards) to the first, second and third place teams as well as the last place team. This year they paid out every 6th place and last place. Screwed again...but it was a lot of fun anyway.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Love playing in Scrambles. It seems to always come down to putting, especially the 5-15 footers. You need soemone who is on for that length.

I always have a ton of fun at scrambles. I never win, because I'm not that good, nor is my team and there's always a stacked team or two in the field. Drinking and golfing with friends is always a good afternoon though. Only problem was there was very little wind, and the heat index was 102º. Super humid.

The guy that had the bad case of the push dropped 2 bombs form 30+ feet. I think we pretty much hit every putt we had inside 15. We didn't leave a ton on the green. We definitely needed a better approach game. Several times from 130-150 we ended up 30+ feet away and had to take the two putt. I think that and our pitching is what killed us....yeah putting could have saved us there, but I don't think 30 footers are consistently made even in a scramble.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Sounds like fun. Nice pokes off the tee, bro!

I have put a team together for a charity scramble that our Masonic lodge is putting on this Saturday. Our handicaps combined are less than 10, so we're looking for a win. We're defending champs. :) Even if we come up short, there will be plenty of free beer and food to ease the pain. Scrambles are always a blast and I can't wait.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sounds like fun. Nice pokes off the tee, bro!

I have put a team together for a charity scramble that our Masonic lodge is putting on this Saturday. Our handicaps combined are less than 10, so we're looking for a win. We're defending champs. :) Even if we come up short, there will be plenty of free beer and food to ease the pain. Scrambles are always a blast and I can't wait.
I triple that combined handicap myself...lol

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I love scrambles even though there are always "ringer" teams. It takes all pressure whatsoever off you and you can just enjoy the day. Clark. Sounds like you're still hitting the ball like I remember you hitting it. I've improved some since those days but certainly not in your league.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Love playing in Scrambles. It seems to always come down to putting, especially the 5-15 footers. You need soemone who is on for that length.

Yep. Good putting = birdies.

Birdies win scrambles. In my experience 9 or 10 of them puts you in the winner's circle.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Gotta love a good scramble tournament! I'm playing in one this afternoon, 2-man scramble with a really good buddy. It's our one tournament we play together, just for kicks, but we are also a pretty killer pair. We try for more, but can usually only muster up the one we play together.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.