• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Confused- Rombax Vs. ReAx

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I am looking at TM R7 425 TP's and am noticing that some listers on ebay, like Global Golf list 2 different shafts, the rombax and the reax when choosing shaft/loft options. Other sellers list the shafts as if they are the same shaft, what is the deal? I know the rombax is a REALLY expensive shaft if bought aftermarket, but is it the same as the ReAx? And are these shafts like the Diamana TP shafts? Are they the real deal just painted TP? Thanks All!!!

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
the rombax is a high quality shaft made for TP models. genuine fujikura shaft.

the reax however is simply the stock shaft from non-TP models of the r7425,460 and superquad. not a very expensive or high quality shaft, but IMO its decent for a stock shaft.

given the choice between the two, choose the rombax without a doubt.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
the rombax is a high quality shaft made for TP models. genuine fujikura shaft.

the reax however is simply the stock shaft from non-TP models of the r7425,460 and superquad. not a very expensive or high quality shaft, but IMO its decent for a stock shaft.

given the choice between the two, choose the rombax without a doubt.

I get the difference between the shafts, but if you look at this listing it shows a 425 TP with Rombax shaft.

TaylorMade R7 425 TP 10.5* Driver Stiff Rombax 65 - (eBay item 320186501304 end time Nov-29-07 19:05:50 PST)

But then when you click on the picture of the shaft and supersize it, its a ReAx shaft, co designed by fuji for TM. Is this a Rombax shaft? Or is it simply the cheap ReAx that you were talking about??? I guess Im still confused...

http://pictures.kyozou.com/pictures/_5/4752/4751243.jpg

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
One is called the rombax re-ax, one is simply the re-ax, a clear and deliberate attempt to confuse and mislead the general public imho of course.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
One is called the rombax re-ax, one is simply the re-ax, a clear and deliberate attempt to confuse and mislead the general public imho of course.

An OEM trying to fool and mislead the general public? Say it ain't so, Lyle. :laugh:

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
as lyle said , the re-ax TP is the rombax shaft. this is done to make people think that the crappy non-TP reax is actually decent since theyre confused between the two.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I prefer the standard Re-ax, the Rombax feels like a Graff Blue to me, ie awful

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
i resent that lol. i happen to like the graffaloy prolaunch blue. :laugh:

Yup and the PL blue is a totally different shaft from a regular Blue. the rombax is quite a stout shaft, however it is very consistent/controllable.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I have two of these shafts. The 75 in my 425TP says "Rombax technology" on a sticker on the lower portion f the shaft. The other is a Re-ax 115 TP. It doesn't have the Rombax sticker, but it is a tour only jobber. I really like these shafts.

I think the Re-ax varieties are in the 50,60,70 weights, as the Rombax's are 55,65,75. Don't quote me, but I think that's right.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have two of these shafts. The 75 in my 425TP says "Rombax technology" on a sticker on the lower portion f the shaft. The other is a Re-ax 115 TP. It doesn't have the Rombax sticker, but it is a tour only jobber. I really like these shafts.

I think the Re-ax varieties are in the 50,60,70 weights, as the Rombax's are 55,65,75. Don't quote me, but I think that's right.

So if I am understanding, the ReAx that is in the TP version is the Rombax. And the ReAx in the Non TP version is a cheaper OEM version? That would make this shaft in the 425 TP a rombax correct?

http://pictures.kyozou.com/pictures/_5/4752/4751243.jpg

🔥 Latest posts