• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Considering making a ball change.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
It’s weird the idea behind your golf ball can differ so much in a community like this, is one. It seems everyone finds a different ball to be its best. I used to play the TP Red until I ran out of them and couldn’t find them anywhere. Then I changed to the TP Tour which was cheaper. I still play it since I have like 5-6 dozen left. I don’t know what I’m doing free I ran out of them....

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm really interested in the ball market and how it is currently developing. See my article. With lots of new guerilla entrants, it's getting very interesting. I've not come across Cut before so again I'd be very interested in how it performs at that price. Snell, Kirkland, Vice and Volvik are all starting to make an impact. The traditional players are starting to feel some pain. It's hard to justify shelling out $3-4 per ball.

On a side note, I've been gathering up quite the ball stash over the past few months. I go out at night with a UV torch and hoover up. I must have over 1000 balls collected up. Last year I sold them off for charity and got about $200. This year I have already have pre-orders for about $250. Biggest brands are Srixon, Callaway Supersofts and ProV1s.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I've been playing Titleist since the '80s and have tried to switch a few times but always come back to my ProV1. I'm too old and set in my ways to change now.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
My balls have arrived! Playing Sunday, review to follow.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1509644266.092180.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1509644276.634440.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1509644286.228550.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

On a side note, I've been gathering up quite the ball stash over the past few months. I go out at night with a UV torch and hoover up.

I need to get one of those UV flashlights. It must be like shooting fish in a barrel.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.