• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cookin' up something special

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks to some of you guys for putting the seed in my small (but perfectly formed) brain, I've written about 25 pages of my memories of caddying at Shinnecock, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, very early days. But it got me thinking.

I have a trip to NY in mid September, so decided to make contact with the club to see if anyone is still there, I figured I might drive out to see the course. To my total surprise the caddymaster is still there, 25 years later. We had a great chat, turns out most of the regular caddies are still looping. I'm chuffed he even remembered me, so we are going out for dinner on Saturday night to catch up and even better, he's putting me up that night. Even better better! He's going to to try and hook me up with a member to play on the Sunday morning. How special would that be? I'll have my camera, note book and clubs.

And after I'll be in Madison, WI on Wednesday 17th September, doubt I'll have time for golf, but would welcome blowing the froth off some beers with Clarke and whoever else can make it.

This could be a very cool trip.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.