• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

COS UNITED ARE GOING TO MOSCOW!!!!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Interesting Statistics from local authority crime rates

Manchester

Violence against the person

Robbery offences

Theft of a motor vehicle offences

Sexual offences

Burglary dwelling offences

Theft from a vehicle offences

In all these categories the lovely borough of Manchester beats Merseyside hands down!! one victory not to be proud of, so it goes to prove who the robbers etc..... really are!! Also we have higher rates of employment as well?? statistics are a great truth to prove a long held myth that we are the bad boys of the north.

......and you believe statistics produced by any goverment run body... in the words of Dave "you're a FOOL".

Park, Park, Where ever you may be...you eat dogs in your own country... but things could be worse, you could be f**kin scouse eatin' Rats in your council house!!!!

Follow, Follow, Follow............

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
i dont think they would intentionally massage figures, and having two relations work for GMP they can verify that these statements are correct!!

There is a lot of bitterness between our fans because of success, it is sad to see this as we both hail from the north west and should be united against the south!!

Liverpool as a business for years have lagged behind United due to lack of commercial know how at the very top, this has resulted in the growth of United over the last 18 years and also the shrewd signings made by Ferguson has resulted in massive success.

I am a Liverpool fan first and then football fan second and although i havent been to a match for 3 years due to my job i still follow the Reds all the time and appreciate grudgingly that United are a better team and until Liverpool wake up and smell the coffee and get rid of their US owners we will always lag behind, i dont wish either team to win May 21st as i do dislike both on an equal footing.

These boards are not the forum for distasteful childish chants, appreciate football and rivalry but in a grown up way.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
...i still follow the Reds all the time and appreciate grudgingly that United are a better team and until Liverpool wake up and smell the coffee and get rid of their US owners we will always lag behind...
I do believe that the Manchester United FC has "US owners" as well. Very savvy US owners, I might add.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
You said it, although they loaded debt onto their club, it is more servicable and easier to manage than outlaying capital, the guys at our helm are different operators as the american people may well know from their dealings in the states, i have fears due to the credit crunch that Mr Hicks will struggle to repay debt never mind build a new stadium, i just fear years of stagnation in the boardroom has stifled liverpools hopes and leaves us lagging behind over the course of a season due to lack of depth in the squad, from a lack of activity in the transfer market.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You said it, although they loaded debt onto their club, it is more servicable and easier to manage than outlaying capital, the guys at our helm are different operators as the american people may well know from their dealings in the states, i have fears due to the credit crunch that Mr Hicks will struggle to repay debt never mind build a new stadium, i just fear years of stagnation in the boardroom has stifled liverpools hopes and leaves us lagging behind over the course of a season due to lack of depth in the squad, from a lack of activity in the transfer market.
They should take a cue from the NFL owners. Tax the community and build more luxury skyboxes, while raising ticket prices. Offer the owners tax-relief, while lying to the public about where their tax money is going.

Professional sports in general is an abomination. I love watching the talent and athleticism, I just wish that it wasn't so perverted by business concerns.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Indeed.... beware the mighty Boro?

LOL Final Day of the season the Mighty Boro pi$$ed on city 8 - 1, there fans will be happy Svens getting his marching orders now :)

Oh Yea, Championie, Championie, ole, ole, ole. 17 in the bag will soon be over taking the Mickey Mousers!!! ......and a little trip to Moscow on the cards for 10 days time. :)

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
blah...blah...blah... bring you're collection of european cups - and then we can see who's is bigger :)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED,GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED,GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED AND THE REDS GO MARCHING ON ON ON.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Man U wins!

More importantly, Fulham survives and avoids relegation. :D Gotta keep a team with 5 Yanks in the PL next year. :laugh:

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
blah...blah...blah... bring you're collection of european cups - and then we can see who's is bigger :)

Let's see your Premier league trophy's. WBA are sporting the thing that you used to win around this year.

You won't improve on 4th next year either unless you get rid of Rafa put all the eggs in one basket Gaffa ;)

HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT...HE PLAYS ON THE RIGGHHT... THERES ONLY ONE RONALDO.... HE MAKES ENGLAND LOOK SHITE

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Let's see your Premier league trophy's. WBA are sporting the thing that you used to win around this year.

You won't improve on 4th next year either unless you get rid of Rafa put all the eggs in one basket Gaffa ;)

HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT...HE PLAYS ON THE RIGGHHT... THERES ONLY ONE RONALDO.... HE MAKES ENGLAND LOOK SHITE
I have no idea what you're talking about. But I LOVE this thread all the same.

WTF is wrong with me?

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Still not as prolific as Bob Paisley but anyway thats's in the past, United deserved the title over the course of the season as they had the most points at the end, simple as that!.

It is at least 8 more seasons before we go a drought on League Titles though!! always remember 26 years!!!.

The problem with the premier league now is that money talks, and Liverpool are not in the top league there either due to the bumbling owners we have at present and unless new investment is brought in we are going to have to live on small acquisitions and sub standard players.

United have been leagues ahead on and off the field for the last twenty years and will continue to do so for a long while yet. it pains me to say it but it is true! i suspect the defence is a place ferguson will look to beef up, especially GK as Van De Sar is aging and i dont know whether Ben Foster is the answer.

Liverpool need to get rid of a few bits of dead wood in Pennant, Voronin but they need to invest in a 2nd class striker and some good defenders too

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
11 points off the top - playing average footie most of the season. If we'd have beaten united once instead of losing, and turned two of our MANY draws into wins - we'd be 1 point behind!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
11 points off the top - playing average footie most of the season. If we'd have beaten united once instead of losing, and turned two of our MANY draws into wins - we'd be 1 point behind!

Yes and City took 6 points off us!!! If my Aunty had a Dick she'd be my uncle...see my point? :)

I personally think your Gaffa needs to play your strongest team a lot more early on in the season. Can't remember what match it was but he rested the best signing of the season, Torres and you dropped points in a league match then the following game was a mid week League cup match and he played him against Reading and he scored a Hatrick (i think). If it wasn't for the unrest in the board room I think a lot more Liverpool fans would be calling for Rafa's head.

I think we need a new right back but have a lot of cover at centre half and left back. Ben Foster will be a gud one but probably needs another year out on loan before he's ready. I wouldn't mind getting Chris Kirkland he's been superb for Wigan this year, if his injury's are behind him (big if) then he will be England's #1 for a long time to come.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online