• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Country club must pay $500,000 for discrimination against women

Feb 9, 2013
Country
United States United States
I was never one of those people. What I don't care for Jim is the fact that under a universal system people who have hardly ever if not never paid taxes, all while collecting benefits of any kind they can, all while living good from the drug money they collect on the side, now having totally free healthcare on my tab as well. And on a day to day basis they struggle less than I do and it's all thanx to yours and my tax money. It's not just a situation that rarely happens either, it's a LOT of people doing that.

As for the club... you guys are right. If my wife or daughter got treated badly i'd be pissed. I just like to argue!!!
Universal healthcare aka medicare for ALL is the ONLY truly cost-effective and humane way for our society to move forward. Obama did manage, miraculously to insure some 30 million additional people and provide children access to their parents policies up to age 26 (from previous 19) which helps countless millions of young people have access to the basic human right to healthcare.

While your bitchin' and moaning about anecdotal imaginary small time GOP created "welfare quens" howza bout you get angry about some real CORPORATE WELFARE- like the oil corporation subsidies defended to the last Republican time and again in congress? The party of the 1% will dig in their Gucci heels and defend this kind of welfare to the last teabagger. Where's YOUR outrage now?! LOL

http://priceofoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FIN.USCapitolSubsidyGraphicFlyer.pdf

Feb 9, 2013
Country
That's all fine and good except for the fact that it is not public. It is private. And they don't provide accomodation to temporary visitors, they provide a getaway from the... you guessed it... public.

It's obvious you believe what you believe and obviously someone somewhere crowned you the final say. I can however cite an instance on how Obamacare is working so well. My uncle owns a multi million dollar company that does government contracting. He has a bid in on some upcoming work along with a few other companies. One of those other companies came out and said that they will pay the $5,000 fine per employee rather than buy Obamacare because it'll be cheaper. (Prior to Obamacare said company was providing healthcare with minimal contribution from the employee.) The client said they would not accept that in the bid and the company bowed out of the bidding process. My uncles company restructured their whole bid to compensate for the extra expenses of Obamacare making their bid consierably higher. Can you see how this affects average people? (hint- the employees). If a company loses you bet your ass the employees are going to lose too, whether it be benefits or their job altogether. We, as in you and I, are going to pay for services rendered whether it be on the front end or in the rear (get it?) Either you can choose between competing companies (that's when prices tend to drop) or pay the outrageous taxes. One way or the other you're going to pay. This magic government and all of it's rigorous regulations cannot function on good looks alone you know. Healthcare is not just free, never will be. The government could not fund what they were doing before they started taking over healthcare, so once we're deeply engulfed in the debt we're going to accumulate from taking on healthcare and it comes time to pay the piper who's backs do you think it's going to come off of?
Your attempt to dodge the long arm of federal justice has been repeatedly tried and failed ....public or private yadda yadda...anyhow these women are CLUB MEMBERS who are being discriminated against so your old saw argument goes out the window and into the trashbin where it rightfully belongs....

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Universal healthcare aka medicare for ALL is the ONLY truly cost-effective and humane way for our society to move forward. Obama did manage, miraculously to insure some 30 million additional people and provide children access to their parents policies up to age 26 (from previous 19) which helps countless millions of young people have access to the basic human right to healthcare.

While your bitchin' and moaning about anecdotal imaginary small time GOP created "welfare quens" howza bout you get angry about some real CORPORATE WELFARE- like the oil corporation subsidies defended to the last Republican time and again in congress? The party of the 1% will dig in their Gucci heels and defend this kind of welfare to the last teabagger. Where's YOUR outrage now?! LOL

http://priceofoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FIN.USCapitolSubsidyGraphicFlyer.pdf
Basic human right to someone else taking care of you?

You're delusional.

That's basically classifying health care workers as slaves.

Feb 9, 2013
Country

You're delusional.

Here's a pro bono History lesson from the old Professor: Attenuated to address your delusional Social Darwinistic beliefs....Let's call this gratis instruction "Welcome to the 20th Century, Mate!" LOL

Happy Reading!

1.Article 25 of the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) reads (emphasis mine):
Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
Likewise, Article 12 of the U.N. International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (1966) reads:1. The States Parties to the present Covenant recognize the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health.
2. The steps to be taken by the States Parties to the present Covenant to achieve the full realization of this right shall include those necessary for:
(a) The provision for the reduction of the stillbirth-rate and of infant mortality and for the healthy development of the child;
(b) The improvement of all aspects of environmental and industrial hygiene;
(c) The prevention, treatment and control of epidemic, endemic, occupational and other diseases;
(d) The creation of conditions which would assure to all medical service and medical attention in the event of sickness.
Because the United States is a signatory to both treaties, and U.S. policymakers played a role in drafting both treaties, it would stand to reason that health care would be accepted as part of the American understanding of human rights. And it is, at least by most--according to a 2007 CBS News/New York Times poll, 64% of Americans believe that the government has a responsibility to ensure universal health care. (Note: More recent polls indicate much higher numbers -over 70% !- in favor of Government responsibility to provide universal healthcare).

Therefore the United States does indeed agree with the overwhelming majority of the worlds nations that healthcare is a basic human right.

You're Welcome.

Feb 9, 2013
Country

You're delusional.

BTW: Speaking of "delusional"...I didnt miss the fact that you conveniently ignored my cited example of corporate welfare ...so I'll ask you once again: Where's YOUR real outrage for this very real form of government waste at a time when schoolchildrens lunch programs are in jeopardy?! I wont be holdin' me breath awaitin' yer reply. LOL

Feb 9, 2013
Country
I was never one of those people. What I don't care for Jim is the fact that under a universal system people who have hardly ever if not never paid taxes, all while collecting benefits of any kind they can, all while living good from the drug money they collect on the side, now having totally free healthcare on my tab as well. And on a day to day basis they struggle less than I do and it's all thanx to yours and my tax money. It's not just a situation that rarely happens either, it's a LOT of people doing that.

As for the club... you guys are right. If my wife or daughter got treated badly i'd be pissed. I just like to argue!!!

FYI: since you are so apparently low info on healthcare policies and have fallen for the old saw "welfare queen" anecdotes of Reagans day (the 80's are SOOOO over, dude!) ...here's a brief column by a Nobel Prize winning economist who teaches at Princeton: Here's a clue: It's the PRIVATE sector that is screwing us!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/opinion/krugman-mooching-off-medicare.html?ref=todayspaper

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country

Are you calling me a republican? I think you would get along well with the administrator here. Any idea that is not liberal is automatically deemed some kind of GOP inspired gibberish. I talk about what I see in real life, not what I pull from articles. I am not whining, I am stating facts about people abusing the system and never working a real day of work in their life. All of their benefits come out of your pocket too, that doesn't bother you? And who said that I don't have a problem with corporate welfare... you're putting words and ideas in my mouth mate. I was addressing something that directly relates to your call for universal healthcare... could you at least try to stay on topic. Again, you are the only one ranting or having "outrage" here. By the way... Obamacare is not universal healthcare for all, just so you know. It's costing somebody, bigtime. I'm sure your ok with that as long as it's not you though. Federally mandating that insurance companies cover kids on their parents policies till 26 huh? That worked really well with forcing mortgage companies to give risky loans didn't it? That is going to push insurance premiums higher. Don't you get it... insurance companies are not going to lie down and just take the hit.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Are you calling me a republican? I think you would get along well with the administrator here. Any idea that is not liberal is automatically deemed some kind of GOP inspired gibberish. I talk about what I see in real life, not what I pull from articles. I am not whining, I am stating facts about people abusing the system and never working a real day of work in their life. All of their benefits come out of your pocket too, that doesn't bother you? And who said that I don't have a problem with corporate welfare... you're putting words and ideas in my mouth mate. I was addressing something that directly relates to your call for universal healthcare... could you at least try to stay on topic. Again, you are the only one ranting or having "outrage" here. By the way... Obamacare is not universal healthcare for all, just so you know. It's costing somebody, bigtime. I'm sure your ok with that as long as it's not you though. Federally mandating that insurance companies cover kids on their parents policies till 26 huh? That worked really well with forcing mortgage companies to give risky loans didn't it? That is going to push insurance premiums higher. Don't you get it... insurance companies are not going to lie down and just take the hit.

Do you sell insurance? LOL

BTW it was you who went off topic with your rant against those imaginary "welfare queens" getting healthcare AND Their "drug money"...wasnt it, now?

Anyway I've cited and supported my positions with data -not anecdotes .
You see I do this policy work for a living mate . I am a University Professor and consequently my positions by necessity must be based on facts -not anecdotal tales from the delusional minds of Reagan, Rush nor Fox and Friends.

Speaking of the moderator, could you perhaps tell me how one gets to place a signature , slogan and/or what's in my bag line on their posts?

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Click on your user name in the top right corner of the page, click signature.
Thanks, mate.
However when I click on my user name the page that appears does not seem to include a "signature" option.
Do you have to have a certain number of posts to qualify for this?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Do you sell insurance? LOL

BTW it was you who went off topic with your rant against those imaginary "welfare queens" getting healthcare AND Their "drug money"...wasnt it, now?

Anyway I've cited and supported my positions with data -not anecdotes .
You see I do this policy work for a living mate . I am a University Professor and consequently my positions by necessity must be based on facts -not anecdotal tales from the delusional minds of Reagan, Rush nor Fox and Friends.

Speaking of the moderator, could you perhaps tell me how one gets to place a signature , slogan and/or what's in my bag line on their posts?
Really... I would've never guessed that you were a professor. Universities are not biased at all. It's not imaginary my friend. In places other than your cozy classroom or study there really are a lot of people playing the system to friggin tee. I know some, I have family members who do it, and it can be seen every time I go to the grocery store and someone pays for their food with the quest card and then loads up their Escalade with the two carts of groceries they just got for free. Makes me sick. I am not a fanboy of Reagan, Rush, or Fox News. I don't really watch any news. You really need to stop labeling people you know nothing about. I can tell you and I come from two totally different walks of life. I'm here to tell you from first hand witnessing... there is practically a whole subculture that lives this way. I could've easily taken that path considering what I come from, but I chose the working hard path and that makes me hate it even more. You can pull all the "facts" you want from whatever source you want, but real facts come from walking in the shoes or at least being brought up in a place to see it first hand everywhere you look.

To edit signatures and such hover over your username up by alerts and inbox.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Really... I would've never guessed that you were a professor. Universities are not biased at all. It's not imaginary my friend. In places other than your cozy classroom or study there really are a lot of people playing the system to friggin tee. I know some, I have family members who do it, and it can be seen every time I go to the grocery store and someone pays for their food with the quest card and then loads up their Escalade with the two carts of groceries they just got for free. Makes me sick. I am not a fanboy of Reagan, Rush, or Fox News. I don't really watch any news. You really need to stop labeling people you know nothing about. I can tell you and I come from two totally different walks of life. I'm here to tell you from first hand witnessing... there is practically a whole subculture that lives this way. I could've easily taken that path considering what I come from, but I chose the working hard path and that makes me hate it even more. You can pull all the "facts" you want from whatever source you want, but real facts come from walking in the shoes or at least being brought up in a place to see it first hand everywhere you look.

To edit signatures and such hover over your username up by alerts and inbox.

First you condemn me for "labeling" people, then...

Perhaps you should practice what you preach for starters, mate. You claim we professors are "biased" -again without presenting a shred of evidence to support this tired old rightwing saw FYI- being liberal or progressive is not necessarily without fact based determination....ever wonder why so many professors -especially at elite Ivy institutions are liberal? Is it just because they're liberal -or are they also well educated? This should give you cause for pause if you have developed any critical thinking skills...what do these academically gifted people know that you dont about progressivism vs conservatism.??? Think on these things mate.

......and then even more hilariously, you assume that YOU somehow grew up in less advantaged circumstances than I ...which my students would have laughed you out of the classroom for even suggesting!
Here's a clue to my economic background - Ever see that Affleck movie called "The Town" ?
It's about a really tough Irish neighborhood in Boston formally and actually called "Charlestown" ...my mother grew up there, I'm her oldest son. So dont be giving me amateur "lectures" about growing up poor , mate....and my worklife has been committed to helping others attain success ....which BTW is only possible through the government programs youseem to so despise. I am completely the product of government programs and polcies designed to provide poor and working class people with the opportunities which I took full advantage of and now guide many of my students to do the same.

If you are indeed from a poor background you sound like you're class confused....the government is not on your back -it's at your side and at its best is the ONLY real path to escaping poverty. I know this firsthand. And yeah we all know some small potato cheats who game the system for an extra this or a free that but it is less than 2% according to the US Dept of Labor.....meanwhile I cited here the fact that approx 54 BILLION dollars of taxpayer money is simply handed over to big oil as a gift each year....while kids pre-K and lunch programs are threatened ....let's get our outrage priorities in order shall we?....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.