• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Country club must pay $500,000 for discrimination against women

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
aragecomics.com__img_4ec9e63e186133312201daef.png_d5d145ef7ae68e78af54e828e4a18325.png

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Only possible through government programs... now that's hilarious. Government on my side???? Not a thing in my life was given to me by the government. Everything I have today can be attributed to the hard work of my wife and I. I would be a little better off if I wasn't giving up a large % of my income in taxes. I escaped poverty by working. You being a product of government programs and policies explains a lot. I am not, perhaps that should explain a lot as well?? I don't need government help... I just want my money. I'm not "right wing", I just want to live my life with no strings attached. I don't like or want needless government spending any more than you. I also don't want to be forced to carry people who put in 1/100th the effort I do in life. Is that too much to ask?

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Only possible through government programs... now that's hilarious. Government on my side???? Not a thing in my life was given to me by the government. Everything I have today can be attributed to the hard work of my wife and I. I would be a little better off if I wasn't giving up a large % of my income in taxes. I escaped poverty by working. You being a product of government programs and policies explains a lot. I am not, perhaps that should explain a lot as well?? I don't need government help... I just want my money. I'm not "right wing", I just want to live my life with no strings attached. I don't like or want needless government spending any more than you. I also don't want to be forced to carry people who put in 1/100th the effort I do in life. Is that too much to ask?

So "Not a thing in my life was given to me by government." you say.... you dont drive on state or federal roads? Got a mortgage is it FHA? Fannie Mae? Freddie Mac? Got a bank account? Who insures your deposits?
Did you ever go to public school? Do your kids ? How about attending state universities? Get your mail today?
Trash picked up? Snow removed? Looking forward to social security and medicare are ya?
Own a business? Who educated your employees? On what roads do they get to work -yours? Breathe air? Who monitors air quality? Drink water? who regulates water safety? Enjoy that steak off the BBQ on Sunday? Who inspects meat quality? This is just a very abbreviated list of the countless ways in which you are relying on government every single day of your life.....

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
OK, let me rephrase... I haven't needed financial help from the government to put a roof over my family's head, or to feed them, or buy a car, etc...

A lot of the things on your list could be done and in some cases are done privately, could they not? I am not saying there is no use for government at all... I do think their role should be limited though.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
OK, let me rephrase... I haven't needed financial help from the government to put a roof over my family's head, or to feed them, or buy a car, etc...

A lot of the things on your list could be done and in some cases are done privately, could they not? I am not saying there is no use for government at all... I do think their role should be limited though.
Remember, that was an extremely abbreviated list, I could easily itemize virtually countless ways that you directly have and continue to benefit from the government you so love to demonize.....your condition is called class confusion....the good news is that it's curable through education.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Remember, that was an extremely abbreviated list, I could easily itemize virtually countless ways that you directly have and continue to benefit from the government you so love to demonize.....your condition is called class confusion....the good news is that it's curable through education.
How does my wanting to limit the role of government have anything to do with class confusion? A professor I am not, but how do you know how educated I am or are not?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Lets not confuse the mortgage mess with healthcare. All those companies you think we're "forced" to make sub prime loans were not.

How do I know? I worked for one and the only thing we were force to do was get more cheeks in seats to sell to. Nobody forced a mortgage company or bank to do anything that the big wigs didn't know the risk and accept that risk in order to make all parties except the borrower hordes of cash.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Lets not confuse the mortgage mess with healthcare. All those companies you think we're "forced" to make sub prime loans were not.

How do I know? I worked for one and the only thing we were force to do was get more cheeks in seats to sell to. Nobody forced a mortgage company or bank to do anything that the big wigs didn't know the risk and accept that risk in order to make all parties except the borrower hordes of cash.

Absolutely correct!

This whole absurd concept that somehow Freddie and Fannie were responsible for the crash is nothing more than another case of GOP revisionism. (Not to mention its ever so convenient racist overtones - as in "it was all the fault of those lazy shiftless minorities that the good uprighteous white suburban economy came crashing down!" LOL)

Fact is that it was the Wall Street Banksters who were directly responsible ...even sharing emails stating that they hoped to be rich and retired before the house of cards they knowingly built came crashing down....the GOP cant handle the truth because it completely disproves their dangerously antiquated Adam Smith deregulation laissez faire kool aide. This horse sht about "free markets" stimulating economic growth ...fact is anytime the "invisible hand" is present it usually translates into the invisible finger for workers.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
How does my wanting to limit the role of government have anything to do with class confusion? A professor I am not, but how do you know how educated I am or are not?

One needn't be a professor (nor Sherlock Holmes) to discern that you are indeed class confused, mate.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country

I would like to hear your thoughts on a few phrases...
Community Reinvestment Act
Consistent with safe and sound operation
Federal Financial Supervisory Agencies

Yes, I know what it was intended for back in Carter's day. So is it really any different to be forced or to work with and knowingly let happen? What's worse? Congress wasn't an innocent bystander. The banks may not have been "forced" per se, but they were highly encouraged. And there was enforcement in some forms. Sure, I wasn't sitting there, nor do I have video... but I think anyone who doesn't believe there were board meetings where congress men and women were present and mutual greasing of the wheels was going on is fooling themselves.

Absolutely correct!

This whole absurd concept that somehow Freddie and Fannie were responsible for the crash is nothing more than another case of GOP revisionism. (Not to mention its ever so convenient racist overtones - as in "it was all the fault of those lazy shiftless minorities that the good uprighteous white suburban economy came crashing down!" LOL)

Fact is that it was the Wall Street Banksters who were directly responsible ...even sharing emails stating that they hoped to be rich and retired before the house of cards they knowingly built came crashing down....the GOP cant handle the truth because it completely disproves their dangerously antiquated Adam Smith deregulation laissez faire kool aide. This horse sht about "free markets" stimulating economic growth ...fact is anytime the "invisible hand" is present it usually translates into the invisible finger for workers.

It's not racist to say that in certain neighborhoods people don't have jobs and don't pay rent. It's demographic fact, and race has nothing to do with it. So, what were Fannie and Freddie doing while the Wall Street Banksters were busy plotting our economy's demise?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.