• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

couple things i'm working on

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
the "floating" bed. our customer spotted this in a magazine, and emailed the jpeg to us and i've had to make it with a lot of guessing.

bed1.jpg

next is a paint grade huge(5' x 9') granite topped island unit. had to incorporate the huge top moulding into the top drawer fronts, and did some CNC carving on the end panels to give it a rail/stile look. i'll try to get finished pics, but that'll be a few weeks before it gets installed.

island1.jpg

island2.jpg

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
That is awesome Mike. I am awful with wood, I doubt i could build a stinking fence.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
NVM,

Why would you use a finished wood where the matress would sit? That seems like a waste of $$$ to me. It makes sense as it sits in the pics for "advertising" and "eye catch", but why not use something cheap and save the coin?

We have a similar setup to that. The frame main is birch, as are the sideboards and drawers. But the mattress supports are sanded but unfinished pine that works just fine.

I'm not looking down my nose here at this, just asking the question out loud. Looks great. Expensive, but great.

R35

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
supports are unfinished fir. i will tell the finisher to seal them though. everything else in the pic is raw quartered cherry on MDF, with solid capping/edges.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online