• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Courses are under water!!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Lake Windsor is truly a lake, the entire front 9 except for the 5th hole are completely gone. The back 9 all I can see from the road are the 10th-11th & 18th & they too are under a minimum of 3' of water.

Sun Prairie didn't look too bad, nothing major from what I could see, might be a few days before they open. Also Baraboo CC is closed, no damage other than high water but they think they will be open on wednesday. I am sure Kestrel Ridge has at least 7-8 holes flooded since they do everytime we have a good rain.

Supposedly the Dells got hit even harder but I have no idea right now how the courses are. Lawsonia should be fine by saturday, usually they don;t have issues. Sssmokin, whats the prognosis on Waushara for friday?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Trappers Turn is always wet so after this rain it must be plugged ball time. Same with Castle Rock. Will be going to Lake Arrowhead or Northern Bay today but will call first. Thalackers in Westfield will be too wet too.

Lawsonia has good drainage and sand base so should be OK. Muscoutin Blue nine has got to be under water. I'm going to guess the majority of Waushara CC is OK as sand based course with lots of drainage. There may be a few areas on the Westwood 9 that have problems including green #1 and #2 tee box.

Yeah Lake Windsor is low and will be really wet--as in brand new water hazards.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Waushara CC is fine, but they only allowed walkers out today, just to give the course a break. Two Oaks is fine too...................had a big outing today and power carts were out there. Razor and I are playing 9 holes out there at 5:30 today when the outing is done. Neither one of us walks.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Yeah Lake Windsor is low and will be really wet--as in brand new water hazards.

The entire course is a water hazard. You can see the tee box on #8 everything is completely under water. There is a bridge between the 8th & 7th holes with railings about 4' high. You can see less than 1' of the very top of the bridge. This course really got screwed last year with the rain but that was nothing compared top what they currently have. Only good thing is once they reopen they will divide the holes up like last year & manage to come up with only 9 to play & the cost is right around $7-8 with a cart just to get people to come out.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
How long does it take a course to fully recover? A course down here in Illinois that I played a lot last year flooded in August or so, for a few days. I played there once afterwards, not knowing about the flood, and the fairways ( and a couple greens ) were all dirt and dead grass. It was awful, worse than the dog tracks I played as a kid. I haven't been back since.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Last year this same course flooded but not as bad as this time. They were closed for a few weeks & when re-opened it was a modifed course, had to skip several holes due the fairways being pretty much nothing but mud. That was early summer & the course never did fully recover last year even though eventually it did completely re-open. It did look halfway decent when I played there last week & was coming around. Now all that work is gone again.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Hasn't stopped raining here in the past 2 weeks, I'll send it down to you Calhoun!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
How long does it take a course to fully recover? A course down here in Illinois that I played a lot last year flooded in August or so, for a few days. I played there once afterwards, not knowing about the flood, and the fairways ( and a couple greens ) were all dirt and dead grass. It was awful, worse than the dog tracks I played as a kid. I haven't been back since.

Mine was under water for a week or so the beginning of last summer. The course was pretty crappy for several months. On the bright side, when it came back, it came back very nice.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I have been watching it on the news. A lot of lake property
has been ruined.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Lake Delton (man-made lake) by Wisconsin Dells breached an area not near the dam and the whole lake drained (400,000,000 gallons of water) in two hours (into the Wisconsin River)!! Like WG said, it no longer exists. :(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.