• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Critique my amazing swing

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I'm no expert but I think your stance is a little narrow but apart from that its all good.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Yes I do have a narrow stance and i intentionally do that I feel that it gives more accuracy but does decreese the distance somewhat. Can anyone comment on this?

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
15andlife said:
Yes I do have a narrow stance and i intentionally do that I feel that it gives more accuracy but does decreese the distance somewhat. Can anyone comment on this?
Ben Hogan recommended a wider stance with the driver and woods as a way to make it easier to go hard after the ball, as it's easier to keep your balance.

You seem to sway a tiny bit, and may want to think of rotating around your spine on the backswing.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
15andlife said:

You'll definitely need to widen that stance if you want to generate more power.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Alright ill go to the range and work on my stance width as I dont want to practice that during a round. Should my feet be shoulder width? Or a little wider?

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
There are a few things that will give you greater distance and accuracy but mainly consistency as although your general swing motions look repetetive your club head position at impact does not. I would guess that you hit shots low and right as a common bad shot.

The main thing that stands out to me is how steep both your backswing and downswing are but luckily this is one of the easiest things to fix and has arguably the most visible positive effect on your game. The old drill of putting a ball a couple of feet behind the shot ball in a straight line that you knock away on the backswing should help. If you get that mastered it's simply a case of firming up the slight wobbly movements and doing a 3/4 swing in conjunction with the above should have you off single figures in no time
icon10.gif

Oh and the wider stance will also help as others have mentioned.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Wow you just hit the nail on the head I am amazed that you can tell that by my swing though and you are absolutely right that is what happens I hit the ball very low and off to the right alot. Wow I will try those drills and thanks alot if you have any other drills to correct this please let me know.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
15andlife said:
if you have any other drills to correct this please let me know.

There are some other drills but they are more about refining the technique so I'd just stick to the low and straight movement away from the ball for now as I still do it after 20 years and it is brilliant (well i think so anyway
icon12.gif
)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It looks similar to my swing the 1st time I put it on video. I will be making another one, maybe today as the GF has the day off and can start/stop the cam. I stay a lot more planted with the lower body and concentrate on a bigger shoulder turn now. It must be working as my scores are dropping and I've been taking less club on par 3's. If I can get it on later maybe you can compare the difference. BTW- break out that kiddie pool in background and hit some pitch shots into it. lol.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
You know its funny that you said that Ezra cause i actually do that its for my sisters baby racoons that shes rehabilitating but I dont think they mind if a borrow it.

TaylorMade

Junior Golfer
Mar 20, 2006
I found a couple things wrong some already mentioned.

1.) Very narrow stance, widen upfollow through, feel like your stretching your hands out in front of your ball when you follow through.

2. You have no hip rotation. Focuse on getting that right shoulder almost perpendicular with your feet. Then as you come through turn your shoulders and that should stop you from hitting right.

3.) You have a very upright swing. Lower it as you come back, make yourleft arm match up with your shoulders.

4.) Your left leg is moving too much. Keep it very still.

5.) Looks like your doing good keeping your weight back. That should make you hit it higher if everything els is good

I know this is alot to remember but trust me if you practice this you will be alot better. Your young like me and I know it's hard not to expect immediate results. Trust me you will not start off doing good using my tips but with lots of practice and time + effort it will pay off in the long run. I expect to hear back from you in the future hopefully your playing the best ever.

Always There, Jordan.

golf4room

Jul 28, 2006
A few good points from previous posts. A few things I personally would like to see.

- To uprite at top of swing, try shallowing out your back swing a nitch to have a more "around the body" swing.

- If you pause the video just at impact..you can see that your left arm is buckling at the elbow, more extension through the shot will help fix this.

- I also noticed you use the 10 finger grip. I would like to see you use the Interlock or Overlap..most likely the Interlock will suit you best.

I think if you try and shallow your position at the top and extend through the shot everything should work out.

This is just my personal opinion, take it for what its worth.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I dont use 10 finger. I do use overlap always have.

🔥 Latest posts