• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

D2 vs D3

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
What would be the major difference in ball flight between swing weight of D2 and D3? Or is this too little of a difference to notice?

If that is the case the major difference in ball flight between D0 and D3. Thanks.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
i think it would fly a bit lower with less spin but im not sure, other guys could give you more info

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
swing weight has no relation to ball flight what so ever.

OP
hypergolf

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
swing weight has no relation to ball flight what so ever.

So what would be different other than the heavier feel at downswing? Does the heavy swing weight give more powerful feel at impact? Could you elaborate further? Thanks.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Swing weight is all preference. All it is the weight of the head in relation to the butt using a 14 inch fulcrum. Nothing more.
Everyone will have an ideal swing weight where they make the most consistant center face contact.

OP
hypergolf

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Swing weight is all preference. All it is the weight of the head in relation to the butt using a 14 inch fulcrum. Nothing more.
Everyone will have an ideal swing weight where they make the most consistant center face contact.

Last question. I am trying to choose between D2 and D3 for myself. My driver is D3 so is it recommended that I keep the swing weight throughout my set except for the wedges? Is there a big difference between D2 vs D3? Thanks.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Take a dime and tape it to your driver head. That is the difference between D2 and D3.
It takes about 3 swing weight points before the average person will notice a difference.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Take a dime and tape it to your driver head. That is the difference between D2 and D3.
It takes about 3 swing weight points before the average person will notice a difference.

canadien or american dime? :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online