• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DarrenClarke.com Wanders Offline to Celebrate Open Victory

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

(A spoof from the 2011 archives.)

NORTHERN IRISHMAN DARREN CLARKE IS a self-described regular guy who likes to puff on a cigarette and have a drink or two or three. Now he's the highly improbable and popular Open champion whose head hasn't hit the pillow since Saturday night.

"I have not been to bed yet," Clark said at a Monday morning press conference at Royal St. George's. "I probably won't get any sleep until tomorrow at some stage. You have to enjoy it while you can. It's been a very good night."

And, like its namesake, DarrenClarke.com is a regular sort of website that enjoys its time away from the 24/7 pressures of the Internet. The site was in a celebratory mood after the final putt dropped and employer-hero Darren Clarke hoisted the cherished Claret Jug.

"Website will be back online soon," announced DarrenClarke.com shortly after publishing the above photo of Clarke kissing the silver trophy. "Just doing some maintenance."

Maintenance? Ha!

Sources have told ARMCHAIR GOLF that DarrenClarke.com was seen carrying on in the wee hours of Monday morning with RoryMcIlroy.com and GraemeMcDowell.com. RoryMcIlroy.com was described as the lightweight of the group. After a few drinks it slurs its links.

As far as the statement about being back online soon, don't bet a Guinness on it. DarrenClarke.com might just party on for a month or longer.

It really wouldn't matter much when you think about it. That homepage photo of Clarke kissing the Claret Jug pretty much says it all, don't you agree?

Source: DarrenClarke.com Wanders Offline to Celebrate Open Victory

🔥 Latest posts