• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daughter's first score, help with irons?

What type of irons do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryO

Oct 7, 2006
Roseville, CA
Country
United States United States
My 28 year old daughter has started to play golf with me once a week since I moved back to town. She has only played executive courses until 2 weeks ago she decided it was time to play a regulation-size 9 hole course with me here in Sacramento at Haggin Oaks. Her first round score was a surprising 55 with no lost balls. I must add she was teeing off from the women's tee box at my insistance. That seemed only fair. Anyway, to my surprise she is able to hit her driver and fairways (5w & 7W) pretty well. it is her conventional irons: 5,6,7,8,9 & PW that she struggles with. Even on the practice range. We spoke with the club pro and she indicated that that did not surprise her at all: that MANY gals struggle with irons; much more than men. She also suggested some lessons and a possible switch to full hybrid irons all the way down to her GW. SO: What say you? Thanks...

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
I have a set of fairway woods that are a lot like hybrids. They are really easy to hit and everyone who has swung them, including new players, has actually done really well with them. One guy in particular had never even been on a golf course or played golf before and he actually dropped the ball on the green on a 145 yard par 3 from the tee box the first 9 holes we played with the 11 wood.
You barely have to swing these things to get decent distance and they are very forgiving from the 7 wood up to the 15 wood (which is about an 8 iron loft).

http://www.valuegolfclubs.com/Synchron-II-Fairway-Woods.html

They have a lighter swing weight than all of the hybrids Ive hit, so I basically just chucked my hybrids recently and went back to using these woods because they hit so well and dont weight a ton.

There used to be entire sets on ebay with graphite shafts for sale for $199.

A company called 'Bang' has even higher lofted woods, up to 21 wood, which is probably into the wedge loft range.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online