• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dave Ireland - under the microscope

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Remember this swing aced a hole, so careful with the comments...

Here is Dave hitting a 9 iron to about 10ft on the 2nd, a downhill 180 yard par 3 with a gale up our backsides.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Emmm ... well it's not a thing of beauty - but neither is Arnie or Jack :D, I think the overswing actually helps me get me junk thru the ball Irish, thanks for the clip

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
I think all we're missing is some peanut butter, 'cause there's a lot of jelly in that swing. Do you ever hit your left knee with the club head on your backswing Mr. Daly? :)

~QQ

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Hey guys ..... I'm welling up here ..... I know it's not a vote of confidence but hey ya didn't snigger outright . that is to be admired :p

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I admire a man that can hole out from the tee with that. really. ;)

Straighten that left arm, widen the arc and I'll bet you gain 20 yards a club, too.

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Hey guys ..... I'm welling up here ..... I know it's not a vote of confidence but hey ya didn't snigger outright . that is to be admired :p

I'm gonna use that word snigger in the office today. Hope I can use it in the right context. :)

...and what bd said about the left arm.

~QQ

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I finally got home and was able to download and play the video...

First, just for me to verify. Are we looking at the swing where the shot went in the hole? Is this the swing where he Aced it??

Next, I like his swing...it is Dalyesque and we all know that Daly can play....

Who cares if he is past parallel and doesn't keep the left arm perfectly straight??

I see a lot of swingspeed there....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo said:
I finally got home and was able to download and play the video...

First, just for me to verify. Are we looking at the swing where the shot went in the hole? Is this the swing where he Aced it??

Next, I like his swing...it is Dalyesque and we all know that Daly can play....

Who cares if he is past parallel and doesn't keep the left arm perfectly straight??

I see a lot of swingspeed there....

No Bravo

He only put this tee shot to about 10 ft. from 180 yards. Come to think of it Dave hit a lot of great tee shots that day on the par 3s.

I didn't capture the swing that aced it.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
No Bravo

He only put this tee shot to about 10 ft. from 180 yards. Come to think of it Dave hit a lot of great tee shots that day on the par 3s.

I didn't capture the swing that aced it.

Well - I like his swing and it works for him. What kind of camera do you have? Was this Dave's new camera??

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Is Dave Ireland really Seve?

Here's Dave going for the par 5 7th with his second, from about 215 yards. He has the old Sonartec md out and is giving it "the message".

Having watched this again there is more than a certain similarity to Seve. The lean, the frustration of leaving one off to the right. The gesticulation. There must be some Spanish blood running through those veins, no?

What's everyone else think? Should it be Dave Spain?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I REFUSE to be a source of ridicule !! - Great commentary Irish - if I closed my eyes ya sounded like Maureeen Madill :D - btw if I remember correctly there wqere a number of clips taken of yerself ... in the words of Delia Smith .. cmon Irish let's be havin you !!!!!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Yes...

How about Dave Gonzalez? Peblo Ireland? Yes. Peblo Ireland.

And also... Yes. Footage of the IG is overdue. You're not taking her hormones along with the panties are ya IG? Sack up and show. ;)

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
At least I didn't accuse you of taking your wife's birth control pills, Peblo. Geez, I just can't win!

;)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.