• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

did you all play this past weekend?

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I did....had a great time.....75 degrees on saturday and 69 degrees on sunday......shot a 92 and then a 90.........at least the 90 was boggie golf...I'll take that.....saturday I played well,.....if it was'nt for #6 and #7...I was 6 over on just those two holes!...DAMN WATER!...I could have been a contender!:laugh:...should of, could of , would of..........:)......sunday it was just Me, my daughter, and father in law......it was nice....

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played Saturday also. it was high 60's here. My oldest step-son was supposed to play with me but he got a chance to work and needed the money. I went on and headed to the course and was asked to join in with 2 other gents. Other than the fact they were walking and I had rented a cart it was a lot of fun,(I've got to get me a lighter bag and a push cart). I shot a 93 on a par 72 course. I would have done better, but I drove into a couple of hidden water hazards. I'd never played this course, and the guys I was playing with didn't drive the ball near as far as me. Both times when I hit the water the guy with the range finder said, "wow, I've never seen anyone reach there before" I didn't feel like I was hitting it that far, I guess everyone he plays with just hits it short?

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
It was like 70 here on friday. I shot 83, it was a crazy round could't get a break on the front, shot 47, then completely torched the back for a 36. Played again on sunday and shot 84, better round overall, still didn't hit it real good on the front.

Jason

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
I played Sunday afternoon. We had a bunch of rain the day before so the fairways were kinda soggy but the sun was out and temp was high 60's.... too damn nice to sit in the house. Didn't keep score but I would estimate bogey golf. Had a couple of bad holes due to having the shanks with my wedges but had a couple pars plus a bird so that made up for it. This was my first outing with my maltby driver and 5 wood. Hit the driver pretty good but man, that 5 wood rocks. I've never hit a fairway wood off the deck as well as this club. Perfect ball flight and it's only 10-15 yds or so short of my driver, lol.

I could have played a lot better if it not had been for my wedge play. Just when I was ready to chunk my gap wedge in the woods (because it's not my fault, right? lol), I holed one out for birdie so it's safe for now.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Alright, i think this needs to be in the members section...

This is a blatant disregard for my feelings...:(

I would have played if it hadnt rained, frozen, and then snowed and blowed like crazy...this is NOT NICE to tease us wisconsinites with your stories of golfing and nic weather...:real angry:

JK, guys, glad someone can get out and play!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
It was like 70 here on friday. I shot 83, it was a crazy round could't get a break on the front, shot 47, then completely torched the back for a 36. Played again on sunday and shot 84, better round overall, still didn't hit it real good on the front.

Jason

I could of used your back 9 on Sat. Went 37 - 48 for a wonderful 85. I caught every single bad break that you could on the back. If I was semi-blocked by a tree, I was also in a slight hole. If I was just over the green, I was also in a bare dirt spot that I couldn't hit the shot I needed to. I not only plugged in the bunker, but also in the lip. You all know how it goes.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Yes, I shot 70 at Pebble Beach from he pro tee's with a mystery OB shot on 14 off the tee...they said to keep it left to avoid trouble, I take out my 5 wood which was going 250 all day and flushed it down the left side of the hole. My friend hit his hybrid litterly 20 yards further right and was in the right rough (after putting one ob right).

Thats as good as it gets in Nova Scotia. I will be able to go down my shore (about 280 yards) and hit ball tomorow once the frost is out.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
I went out Sunday, but I'm not sure you'd call what I was doing golf. Only the 2nd time this year. Was yanking everything left off the tee box. Did manage to make a few decent putts, but not enough to save any kind of decent score.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I played on Sunday with my friend at his course, was about 49 degrees but the ground was still frozen enough that we had to use 2 1/8th inch tees and and barely get them into the ground to tee off. Also played today, much nicer temperature (65 degrees), but it had rained over night so the ground was very wet and the ball plugged in most fairways. These were my first two rounds since I got my new contact lenses, pretty cool being able to see the fairway from the tee and the flag on your approach shot.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Twice Saturday, and once on Sunday

were talking hockey right?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Picture perfect day down in Ft. Myers, where I played my annual game with my 72 yo uncle, who vacations there every year.

I shot 89 (broke 90 for the first time in a LONG time - I almost forgot how it feels...)

He shot 82. Very accurate short tee shot. Very accurate short approach shot. He's a good chipper, and a great putter. Tough to beat.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Couldn't play this weekend, had 6 kids (age 7-13) at the house. Never doing that again, would rather jack off a Polar Bear with a fist full of tacs.

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
Couldn't play this weekend, had 6 kids (age 7-13) at the house. Never doing that again, would rather jack off a Polar Bear with a fist full of tacs.

:biglol::biglol:

Was it really that horrible? I have not got any kids yet, but want 4 of the little buggers -but when i read your answer I might reconsider my plan in life....

by the way- i am still in switzerland, - 5 degress Celsius - so NO i did not paly - BUT I REALLY WANT TO NOW AGAIN, havent played for 4 Months...

:(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.