• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DJ Conquers LA and the World

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

DUSTIN JOHNSON IS THE MAN. No longer an underachiever, DJ has checked off another accomplishment on the list, even if it wasn't a goal but rather a byproduct of winning. With a dominant victory at Riviera yesterday in the Genesis Open, Johnson has moved the top of the golf world.

From Karen Crouse of the New York Times:

LOS ANGELES — Nineteen golfers, including the Genesis Open's nonplaying host, Tiger Woods, have ascended to the men's No. 1 spot since the rankings were introduced in 1986. On Monday, Dustin Johnson will become the 20th.
Johnson, the reigning United States Open champion and PGA Tour player of the year, closed with rounds of seven-under-par 64 and 71 at a soggy Riviera Country Club on Sunday for a five-stroke victory. The win, his 13th on the PGA Tour, will vault him past Jason Day, the No. 1 player for the past 47 weeks, and the former No. 1 Rory McIlroy in the new rankings.
Johnson said: "If you look at even the top 10 guys in the world, all of them are very, very good. I'm going to have to keep working hard and keep playing well if I want to stay there."

DJ has won 13 times on the PGA Tour, including at least one victory in each calendar year since 2008.

What's next? I don't know, but I expect high on his list is a Green Jacket.

Source: DJ Conquers LA and the World

🔥 Latest posts