• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does this place not have a "dumpster"

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I participate in several forums, and all the spam posts are promptly placed in the dumpster, where they arent viewable to members. I find it strange that moderators here dont have the option to delete these posts, especially since there has been a lot of them as of late. Seems kinda silly to make a mod have to "strike" an entire post, and still leave it on the main board cluttering stuff up.

Just my 2¢

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
TTR is new to this mod gig here & no he's not required to strike thru a post. Still learning the ropes & I agree he should just dump the post & be done with it. But I also think I know why he's doing it that way, wants Sling to see that he is doing his job.

But then I could be wrong.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
There's a dumpster. We just keep it in the back so the patrons don't have to smell the rot.

Posts caught by me get put in the bin. If people are leaving garbage out on the curb, it'll get brought up in the mods forum.

Thanks,

R35

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i was going to say something but the last time i did, i got a spanking and was told to PM these issues so they could get ignored privately.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
There's a dumpster. We just keep it in the back so the patrons don't have to smell the rot.

Posts caught by me get put in the bin. If people are leaving garbage out on the curb, it'll get brought up in the mods forum.

Thanks,

R35

Good idea Rocky. I was under the impression that Sling didn't want any post deleted so he could see what had been posted. I'm happy to punt kick a spam post to a 'dumpster' if there's one available.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
awww.theemailingexperience.com_EN_content_binary_thewayspamthink.gif

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
i was going to say something but the last time i did, i got a spanking and was told to PM these issues so they could get ignored privately.
That's because you're just so darn spankable, Mike! ;) :mgw:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online