• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dragged kicking & screeming from Mac to Windows

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A personal anecdote from me. You may find it useful ...

After trying to run Mac OS computers in my law practice, I've finally moved wholly to Windows.

I love Mac computers. I love what Apple tried to do. But for a professional services environment needing networked access to files & certain software (through bitter experience) Windows is king.

I started utilising Windows some years ago by running virtual PC software on my Mac desktop, until I started exceeding specifications by using certain software and I started to get screen freezes etc. Then I partioned the hard-drive with bootcamp and installed Windows, so I could run Windows as if the Mac were a PC.

Unfortunately I found Bootcamp had a couple of glitches which would make things a bit fiddly (eg. moving laptop seamlessly from network cable to wifi and back wasn't an option. Would have to restart the computer in order to reconnect to network cable).

Recently I found that the SSD hard-drive on my Macbook is in the early stages of dying.

The upshot? Say hello to my new Dell Latitude 490.

laptop-latitude-14-7490-mlk-love-pdp-design-2.jpg

8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor, Windows 10 Pro, 16GB Memory & 512GB SSD.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Dell laptops rock!! When I was working out in the field, our firm purchased nothing but Dell laptops. Construction site office trailers have dust and heat and grime and so much that should kill any computer. My Dells worked hard and long. The field services staff would see office personnel sporting their new and shiny laptops while we were told we could get one more year and one more year and one more year out of our Dells. And we did.

I've never had the privilege to work with a Mac or Apple product. Towards the end of my career we were seeing some iPads, etc. utilized by construction personnel. We just stayed with the proven old Windows products and got along just fine.

Enjoy it!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.