• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Duck hooks!

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Make them stop! I was driving the ball well last week now it went all to hell. I can correct just about everything I need to do , ie club path, body rotation etc but I'm pretty sure the biggest reason to my hook is my club always closing too much. I'm trying to keep the heel of the club coming through the ball first and keeping the face slightly opened. Any suggestions or drills I can do to keep the club from closing so much and help the heel lead the club?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Make them stop! I was driving the ball well last week now it went all to hell. I can correct just about everything I need to do , ie club path, body rotation etc but I'm pretty sure the biggest reason to my hook is my club always closing too much. I'm trying to keep the heel of the club coming through the ball first and keeping the face slightly opened. Any suggestions or drills I can do to keep the club from closing so much and help the heel lead the club?
Upper hand on shaft stronger.

OP
Queball915

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Here's a link I have bookmarked.

Duck Hook Problem

Thanks. It makes a lot of sense. I've had this problem before but instead if fixing the problem by just stopping to to hook, I'm fixing it by the mindset of trying to fade it. Those tips should help promote that and get me on track with something workable again. Irons are no problem with me, I can shape them like Bubba, but driver and 3 wood are either left or really far left.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Try these

duckhooks.png

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.