• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dufner Is Done

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
JASON DUFNER IS OUT FOR THE REST of the FedEx Cup Playoffs after his withdrawal from the Deutsche Bank Championship, reported PGATour.com on Monday. Don't expect to see Dufner on the U.S. Ryder Cup team either. Tom Watson will announce his three captain's picks on September 2.

Jason Dufner is hurting. (Allison)​
The 2013 PGA champion has been hampered by bulging disks in his neck. He received an epidural in order to play at Valhalla in the PGA Championship, but only completed 10 holes. The Auburn product was No. 74 in the FedEx Cup rankings.

"I'll play golf again when I'm healthy," Dufner said after withdrawing from the PGA Championship.

"That could be at The Barclays, that could be next year, that could be 2016. I refuse to be out here and not be healthy and not give myself a chance to be competitive."

It's looking like next year at the earliest.

Paul Casey and Graeme McDowell also dropped out of the second leg of the playoffs. McDowell became a father. "Happiest moment of my life hands down," he tweeted.

There are currently 94 players in the Deutsche Bank field. Seventy will advance to the BMW Championship at Cherry Hills in Englewood, Colorado, a Denver suburb.

Source: Dufner Is Done

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
LL

🔥 Latest posts

Members online