• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dustin Johnson Takes Leave From Golf

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Dustin Johnson​
ON THURSDAY, THROUGH HIS MANAGEMENT COMPANY, Dustin Johnson issued a statement announcing that he will be "taking a leave of absence from professional golf, effective immediately."

Johnson had bowed out of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational under way at Firestone Country Club. Now he will also miss next week's PGA Championship at Valhalla and the Ryder Cup in September. Fifth in the points standings, Johnson was a lock to make the U.S. Ryder Cup team.

"I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced," Johnson said. "By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfill my potential and become a consistent champion."

Johnson asked for privacy during his absence.

In a statement, the PGA Tour said, "We have nothing to add to Dustin's statement. But wish him well and look forward to his return to the PGA Tour in the future."

Fellow players such as Rickie Fowler, Zach Johnson and Justin Rose were caught off guard by the announcement and expressed their support for Dustin Johnson.

Source: Dustin Johnson Takes Leave From Golf

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It's a boy: DJ, Gretzky welcome first child

"Dustin Johnson's fiancee Paulina Gretzky gave birth to the couple's first child Monday."

johnson_1442_gretzky_pregnant.jpg

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts