1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

easiest to hit driver out there?

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by dukejh12, May 12, 2008.

1. dukejh12

dukejh12 Well-Known Member

In your opinion, what is the easiest to hit driver you have ever swung? I'm talking stupid easy it just goes straight and gets the job done.

For me strangely enough it is the Sasquatch squared, I really can't not hit it straight, even the pushes and pulls are just barely off the target line. I might honestly have to pick one up, even though they are fugly as all hell.
  2. Johnny Par

Johnny Par Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Callaway FT-i.

It is unreal how easy it is to hit. All the ball wants to do is go straight.
  3. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

If it's the Sasquatch for you then so be it. The FT-i was OK for me but when I was off, my misses were off the planet. I'm finding it easier to square the face and control the ball with an R7TP.
  4. Eracer

Eracer No more triple bogies!!

The Sumo2 is an easy club to hit, but I've hit both it and the Renegade, and I'll take the Renegade (unless I'm worried about it being non-conforming.) I've been playing one for a while now, and my fairway percentage has doubled. And I'm hitting it longer than ever At the price you can get one from Indacup ($125 shafted until May 15th) it's a steal. I'll repeat the mantra - get the next highest loft. I usually hit a 10.5-deg. driver, and I got the 12-deg. Renegade, which fits me perfectly.
  5. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

United States United States
    Sumo2 . If you slice or hook this you've got a serious swing problem. :)
  6. Augster

Augster Rules Nerd Supporting Member

I'll second the FT-i. I play a hook and the tour neutral I am trying out hits nothing but cuts and fades. If I "really" go after it, it just goes straight. If you slice it you will absolutely NEED the draw bias IMO.

I have played one full round with it and 3 nines and thus far I'm quite impressed. The one round was a qualifier at my club, trial under fire for it, and I shot 2 over 73 with no putting and terrible irons. A "good" player would have shot 66 from where I was hitting the ball from.

It just hits the ball straight (enough) and it just as long as anything out there (for my swing) if not moreso. You can find it delivered on Ebay for $200 +/-$25 delivered. I know I am happy I did thus far.
  7. ualtim

ualtim Orlando, FL

Renegade. You have to try real hard to hit a bad shot.
  8. MGP

MGP Clubmaking Ho Supporting Member

I'm sure I could manage that. :laugh:

I'm on my last driver Ho for the season (famous last words :rolleyes:), I picked up a new Integra Quadratic head for a song and threw a SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 shaft in it. I know I get along with the shaft and I've always wanted to give a go to a square headed driver.

I have plenty of drivers now with shafts that suit me, I just need to learn to hit one of the damn things well and stick with it.

This may be harder to do than quitting smoking. :laugh:
  9. Eracer

Eracer No more triple bogies!!

I quit smoking after 30 years of a packaday. Quitting ho'ing is WAY harder...
  10. Burg

Burg Well-Known Member

I've always found that the easiest driver to hit is the one located in someone else's bag.
  11. VtDivot

VtDivot SLIGHTERED Supporting Member

Ping Rapture with NVS

:biglol:

actually the driver I hit the deepest straightest balls with was the R580 XD with stock MAS2 crap. I'd overdo it sometimes tho and hit nasty hooks, which led me to trying to play a fade which then turned into a nasty slice lol.
  12. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

United States United States
    You have no idea how accurate this statement really is!! :D